CRK Balisong ?.... Hmmmm.

analoghog

Platinum Member
CRK has done/tried just about everything else, why not a balisong ?

I love balisongs and would love to see what CRK's would come up with !... Not so much for flippers, but for a daily user.

Probably too small of a market to invest in such nonsense, but would love to see what they could do.

What say you ?

They have experimented out of the box with the Ti-Lock but I doubt I'd see them go Balisong.

If they did it would be awesome though. Hinderer did, don't see why CRK couldn't.

i mean if they do sandwich design sure, thats not terribly difficult or beyond the realm of machining for their machines im sure, channel is a bit more involved

Last edited:
I could see a PJ finish sandwich design look with the same standard clip and a spring latch.

Nah, the project would fail when people realize that the balisong has a hydraulic, two handed action on hand lapped washers.

The knife flickers who never cut things would finally have a legitimate point. 😁

I'm only joking, guys. Don't kill me.

wav5L2.gif

If CRK ever makes a balisong I will get a tattoo of your bladeforums name

CRK does know how to tune a nice bushing pivot, which is the preferred design for a quality balisong. And they know how to do excellent minimalist designs in titanium, which has ideal properties for flipping. Plus, I believe CRK uses Robodrill CNC machines, so they have the capability of doing some tricky 5 axis machined channel construction handles if they got the right fixturing.

On the other hand, I can't see them being onboard for a flashy trick knife that does something besides pure minimalist function. So although they would make a good balisong, I doubt they will.

My vision is an EDC balisong, not for flippers. Something more rugged and durable for work or woods, just for basic opening maneuvers. Something with a 3 1/2" blade and maybe five inches closed.

Back