CRK fans call to arms.

Kettleman

I left when this stopped being fun
Platinum Member
Hey guys,

You have all seen the mess the exchange has been lately with all the scams and BS. Let's try to do our part as a small sub section of BF and see if we can't start a trend.

I will no longer buy or sell using PayPal FF as an option. In the past Ive given my buyers a chance to save some cash, no longer. I have also used it buy here to save a bit of coin as well. By doing this I have helped normalize the use if it and for that I apologize.

Who will join me? The scammers will kill our exchange faster than the flippers and scalpers which we all hate with a passion. Let's stand up and show Blade Forums that the CRK guys and gals get it and can/will help make a difference.

Thanks for at least reading this.

Clay

Last edited:
Ohh man. I guess I'm in the dark. Who all got scammed? I've always used PPFF but I'm not gonna lie it always sketched me out a little. Atleast if I was the guy paying.

Ohh man. I guess I'm in the dark. Who all got scammed? I've always used PPFF but I'm not gonna lie it always sketched me out a little. Atleast if I was the guy paying.
3 or 4 guys got taken in a hacked account op this week. Pretty decent money lost and a huge mess for the MODs and staff. Its gotta stop or the community exchange and fair pricing between members will just cease to exist.

There are a couple threads about it in the GBU

3 or 4 guys got taken in a hacked account op this week. Pretty decent money lost and a huge mess for the MODs and staff. Its gotta stop or the community exchange and fair pricing between members will just cease to exist.

There are a couple threads about it in the GBU
Wow, that's awful! I feel bad for everyone involved. I agree lets not ruin the exchange.

I've always asked for g&s. If someone happened to pay me with the f&f option I figured that was their choice.

There's also a few fellas on here that I am happy to pay with f&f, but there's always regular communication, and I'm confident in dealing with them. Most others, especially that I don't recognize as regularly contributing members, I just don't buy from.

Seems like a good plan Clay.

How can one learn about these scammers? Definitely don't want to get sucked in, as this place is my refuge from the low life's of the world.
Hit the GBU on the exchange... It's been absolute madness by the look of things the past couple of weeks.

I saw the announcement from the mod staff asking us to stop using F&F last night. I am sorry for those who got robbed and hate the distrust this sews in our community. I’m in. Just think of the G&S fee as a contribution to keeping a stable and trusted exchange.

The other thing happening is people are being contacted via email by people other than the seller & given payment info. A few people have sent payment to the wrong person with that one.
Great point-make sure we all scrub our profile pages for emails sent and left as well as threads you may pot it in.

I rarely sell ( 😄 ) but have purchased quite a bit on here, and with the exception of one purchase all has been smooth - the knife had some issues that were definitely not disclosed.

What I don't totally get is that the IRS put a moratorium on the tax reporting I believe, so the initial rationale for using F&F seems moot. I understand not wanting to be double-taxed on something you purchased and then sold (often for less than what was paid).

I'm down.

I rarely sell ( 😄 ) but have purchased quite a bit on here, and with the exception of one purchase all has been smooth - the knife had some issues that were definitely not disclosed.

What I don't totally get is that the IRS put a moratorium on the tax reporting I believe, so the initial rationale for using F&F seems moot. I understand not wanting to be double-taxed on something you purchased and then sold (often for less than what was paid).

I'm down.
I had not heard of the IRS putting a moratorium on the tax reporting.

I disagree. If sellers remove all reference to their emails, the buyers won't have a clue when they get contacted by those people.

I do want to say that there are a lot of us here that are friends and do a lot of buying and selling from the PM behind the scenes. I honestly will continue to deal with private sales this way if both parties agree. I will not however take it to the exchange.

I had not heard of the IRS putting a moratorium on the tax reporting.
Some states had already lowered the reporting threshold. It was supposed to go nationwide; but it has been delayed

I'm down.
The tax thing is sort of understandable, especially doing your own without knowledge of the deep magic. Having a business, and getting sometimes several 1099s a year, I wasn't particularly bothered. Especially since the lady that does mine was there when it was written...🤣🤣🤣

(Nobody tell my mother that I just made that crack. She'd have me slow roasted, and she hasn't gotten around to doing my return yet...)

Back