CRK goes to Monday-Thursday work week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Reeve Knives

Boise Moderator
It probably won't make a scrap of difference to all the forum folks but I want to let you know we are changing our working hours. We have always had the folks in the shop work Mon-Fri 7 - 3.30, and the office open 7 - 5 with overlapping shifts.

We are changing to everyone working 4 x 10s with a goal to further improve efficiency from a manufacturing point of view, and to conserve resources by reducing the work week by a day. This means we will be open Mon - Thu from 7 am - 5.30 pm. We believe it will be a good move, and one that should not create inconvenience for our customers.

We so appreciate your continued loyal support!
Anne

I love that you guys are always trying to improve things EVERY level!!!

As always Anne you and the rest of the CRK people have my full and loyal support:thumbup:

At my job, we have been working four day weeks for three years. I love it !!! gives me more time to play with my knives:D also saves on gas.

Heather told me about this today when I called her. Where I work, we work a rotating 4x4 12hrs schedual, 2 dayshifts, 2 nightshifts. Work 4 days, off 4 days. I have been doing this for 8 years.

I think we should make this a Sticky for awhile. If someone misses this as it gets burried down in the threads, they may call on a Friday and wonder why no one answers !!! I think it would be helpful to all..............

I worked the 4 tens last summer before I left Pepsi.
It worked out great.

I work a rotating 4x4 schedual at work. Work 4 -12 hour days, off for 4 days, I have been doing it for 8 years and love it.

I have the option of trying a 4/10 or 5/4/9 schedule, I don't know. I see no problem with what CRK is doing. Enjoy that Friday off, you guys deserve it!

Anne,
We went to 4 x 10's in April 2008 and the employees seem to really like the extra time off. We have saved over 15% in utlities which is an added bonus.

Man 4 day work weeks are a dream. Ideally I would love to work 3 day 13 hour days but man that should work out awesome people love having 3 days off.

Good on you if it helps efficiency.

Personally, I hate working 10 hours shift Mon - Thurs. God save me when the shifts go to 12 hour days 6 days a week (in about 1.5 months).

I work 10-16 hour days with a 21 day on and 3 day off (if i'm lucky) schedule. Than people always wonder why there are so many people getting killed in my line of work. But I have the next few weeks off so thats ok.

I work 10 hour days 5 days a week. Include the time spent in traffic, I use to look at 12 hours a day. I relocated so now my commute time is down to 40 minutes a day. It's amazing how much better my quality of life has improved. I use the extra time to work out, spend time with family and browse the BF.

Is it OK to drop in during office hours? Will be visiting Boise soon and would like to see the new shop.

Excellent move. I wish more organizations would go this route; it makes good sense from every perspective.

Thank you for the info.

~ Edge

Are you hiring? I'd move to Idaho for a 4 day work week. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back