CRK vs. Customs

JR,
A Sebenza is overpriced TO YOU! I would much rather have one Sebenza than two $170 Benchmades any day. As far as being buttery smooth, my William Henry T-12 RB is as smooth or smoother than ANY custom I have handled. I agree with JT , the bit of friction on a Sebenza is very nice. It lets you know where the blade is. Kind of like too much power steering on an older Cadillac, you can't feel anything. Is it smooth, yes. Does it let you feel the road, no. I personally don't like that feel on a hard working knife. I am a watch person, and I liken the Sebenza to a Rolex. Built like a tank and will last a lifetime.

Originally posted by Ketsugo
JR,
A Sebenza is overpriced TO YOU!

That is what he has been saying all along, his opinion. I'm surprised at the amount of weight some people seem to be giving it. There are some that will agree with him, some that won't, and a vast majority of the free world that thinks that each and every one of us is insane for paying what we do for a pocket knife, and that arguing the relative value of one production method over another is an exercise in mental masturbation.

Try telling most of your family members that one $350 knife is overpriced, but another is not because it was “hand made”. Your responses will range from “Hand made by who, the Pope?” to “No more for you, and hand over your car keys!”

Back