cross-threaded pocket clip screws

Ok, here's something I might try. Use the screws from my other AA? Or is there a chance I could ruin those screws as well? I'm thinking that would tell me weather it's the holes in the handle or the screws themselves. woops double post.

Last edited:
Ok, here's something I might try. Use the screws from my other AA? Or is there a chance I could ruin those screws as well? I'm thinking that would tell me weather it's the holes in the handle or the screws themselves. BTW I'm not going to use the thread-locker fix. What I meant by this post

I think I will actually end up using some threadlocker of some type but I have to find out which is best for such small screws. It would be just my luck if I put the wrong kind and have a real problem on my hands then :s:confused:

.. is that I will use it after fixing the holes or replacing the screws.
When checking the threads on a small screw place a piece of white paper behind the threads and examine their condition looking at the threads with the paper as a backdrop. It helps IMO
Good luck

rpttrsn, I'll try this. I'm gonna need to find my magnifying glass...

I'm betting the threads in the handle are the issue - titanium is generally softer than steel bolts.

Again, I would drill and retap the holes. This way you know what the screw size is and that you've (hopefully) got good threading in there.

OK, so I went to the hardware store today, and brought one of the screws with me. I found the exact thread size/match, not torx head but flat head, and they are a wee bit longer. Nice! Clip back on, happy arc angel :) Turns out the threads on the screws were stripped. I discovered this by examining each one under a magnifying glass and comparing them to the screws on my other AA. :thumbup::thumbup:

Theron

Back