Cured Osage range for sale. repost.

:
I don't know how to use the quote tool so I am reposting Lukers original post on the Osage Orange.

He kindly sent me a sample and I am very impressed wih the quality of what he is offering.
I am hopeing to purchase a goodly amount for my future use on handles.

Osage Orange, Hedgeapple or its true name Bois D'Arc is one of those woods that has a nice quality of appearing to have an inner gleam to it. The small piece that Lukers sent me has no finish on it other than beng sanded nice and smooth.
The surface appears to be below the actual surface of the wood. To describe its color I would have to say that it resembles a light walnut or dark hickory color.
This material being as old as it is will be very stable.

If you havn't asked him for a sample you don't know what you're missing. For those of you that like natural materials I can't speak highly enough for the sample I received.

I have no connection with Lke othe than being a potential customer myself if his price is right on a quanity.
smile.gif

You might want to check it out.
smile.gif

Thanks for listening.
Yvsa.

Lukers wrote:
"For anyone interested,
I have cured osage orange for sale.I am charging $3.00 per pound,( a pound is about 28 cubic inches). Shipping is and additional $.60 per pound in the lower 48 states.
As I had posted a while ago, This wood has been cured a long time(for sure over 60 years). It ranges from a yelloish orange to a dark brown color. I send the wood cut into 1 foot sections unless otherwise specified. I can cut the wood down to certain dimensions but that costs extra.
Feel free to email if you are interested,
Luke"

------------------
>>>>---¥vsa---->®

"Know your own bone, gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it again."

'Thoreau'

Khukuri FAQ

Back