Curious about a couple of RC4 facts-

Hi gang-

First time posting in this forum-

With the interest getting drummed up for the WSS RC knife, I was considering whether or not to join in. I really like the looks of the RC blades, but am concerned about how well they would fit my hand (my hands seem to be a bit picky). Many knives are just too thin and cramp my hands quickly.

Does anyone know how thick (including the blade and both slabs) the handle would be on the RC4 and RC6? I think I'm most interested in the RC4, more up my alley.

An 'in hand' shot of the RC4 would be hugely appreciated, I have a hard time estimating real-world sized without them.

Thanks for any info amigos-

Spooky

For the RC-4 you're looking at 9/16" thick for the handle. RC-6 is slightly under 3/4" thick.

Hey Spooky ,I was wondering if you'd evercome over...Just buy one and if you don't like it,I will trade you a blade for it....Later TTD

the RC 4 is not out yet ;
Overall length: 9.0"
Cutting Edge Length: 4.06"
Blade Length (end of handle to tip of blade): 4.5"
Blade Width: 1.25"
Weight (knife only): 7.4 ounces
Drop point blade style
Available in plain or partially serrated edge
Maximum thickness: .188"
1095 Carbon Steel, 57 Rc.
Removable lined Micarta handle slabs
Rounded Pommel w/ lanyard hole
Formed Ambidextrous Kydex sheath with MOLLE Locks included
Vertical and horizontal carry

Hey Spooky ,I was wondering if you'd evercome over...Just buy one and if you don't like it,I will trade you a blade for it....Later TTD

Hey TTD! Didn't think about this being one of your hangouts. I think I will likely give the RC4 a try, the height of the handle has a lot of impact on comfort too, which is a positive feature on those blades.

I love my RC 3 ,very comfy handle,the beveled edges make a world of difference comparing it to my Rat3...plus other factors....RC3 is a Excellent knife that I EDC

I'm thinking I'll give it a try, but I'm not sure if I'll pick it up on the WSS setup. They're looking like they'll end up being a good bit over $200, for lots of extras I already have around.

Yeah Spooky. I'm with ya. I already have a couple of the Spec-Ops sheaths and I plan on grabbing a RC-4 anyways. All the stuff for the pouch should be pretty cheapo so I'll just get all the other stuff and make my own. No sense in buying abnother sheath and everything.

Yeah Spooky. I'm with ya. I already have a couple of the Spec-Ops sheaths and I plan on grabbing a RC-4 anyways. All the stuff for the pouch should be pretty cheapo so I'll just get all the other stuff and make my own. No sense in buying abnother sheath and everything.

I've not used the SpecOps stuff, how have you liked yours? Worth the money?

Looks like there's a chance that the RC kit might get minimized, and a lot cheaper, which would put me back in the running if I find enough positive research about the Specops stuff.

the spec-ops sheath is great i will post a picture of mine and contents but the Blade is a DM and my BK7...I also own 2 more spec-opos sheath another survival and combat master...I love 'em
IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

Back