Custom Blade Color.....on the Barrage?

I was checking out Benchmade's custom knife configurator on their website where you can customize a griptilian or a barrage (mini or full size). I got the notice that they offer a blade upgrade to a colored blade....only on the barrage? Why only the barrage?

I was under the impression that the griptilian and mini griptilian were more popular. I know for me I have sold every barrage I have owned and own several mini and full size griptilians. If they are going to offer painted blades, why on the less popular model? Is it that the barrage only comes in one blade shape?

Check the internet stores and ebay for gold class Mini Griptilions and they are all sold out. There may be 1 on the net and 1 on eBay of the gold class mini Barrages, but the one on ebay is asking $1,025. for it, yet you can find a few regular Gold clad Griptiolions. Om the gold class, at least, these three models have been extremely popolar with the regular gold class griptilion the least. Also, only 175 of the gold mini Grips were made and 200 of the mini Barrages were made.

So are the barrages more popular than I think?[/QUOTE

We all like the Gold Class mini Grip, but I have a Gold Class mini Barrage too and I like it. What I find right now is only 1 Gold Class mini Barrage and it is on ebay at $1,025.00, which is too much, but it is the only one with the red sides, and I can fin none of the Gold Class mini Grips available at all. So, all I am saying is that there were a few more Barrages made than Grips, but I think they are both popular. Those 2 and the Gold Class 940-121 M4 are my favorite 3 and that is probably why I own all 3. Watching for new Benchmade Gold Class that will become popular too. Not arguing the point with you, just that I like both and they bopth have sold well.

Again, you are talking gold class. What about the blue class? The custom shop is the shop where they will customize scale color, laser engrave and for the barrage, paint the blade one of a few colors. The price is similar to their msrp of their plain jane barrage/mini barrage. I just couldn't figure out why they wouldn't offer the blade painting service for both models (griptilian and barrage) or if just one model, why not the griptilian. My assumption is that the griptilian is more popular that the barrage, but I may be wrong.

Don't know if this clears up why but they did say when I called about my custom barrage that this is them just testing the waters. I'm guessing they only have it limited now to see interest and may expand upon that later.

Back