Custom Bolstered EDC Linerlock

Here's an order I finally finished for a customer who has been waiting very patiently for a while! I really like the way it turned out and I hope he does too. The blade is 3" D2 steel, CF scales, Ti bolsters, clip, and liners. It also has bearings on the pivot so it's super smooth. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.
-Ray

eb1.jpg

eb2.jpg

eb3.jpg

eb4.jpg

eb5.jpg

Hey Ray, I am the lucky gentlemen who received this knife... Actually my brother ordered it from you as a gift for me/he owed me a trade for another custom knife I had given him... Anyways the knife is amazing.. It is now my only EDC.. Takes an edge great and holds it just as well... The new bearing system is incredible, it opens soo smooth and crisp, almost want to jump out of you hand it comes out soo quick, great lookup as well..

Only slight issue is that it opens so fast and hard, the pivot screw keeps loosening to the point the blade gets some side to side play in it... Tightening down the screw resolves this problem right away... I was wondering can I put some loctite on the male end of the pivot screw to keep it from backing out... Wanted to ask the pro before I go doing anything... You can pm me here or email at my address listed in my profile..

Thanks again for making such a fine piece of crafstmanship.... Keep up the great work... Take care...

bryanvin, I'm glad you like the knife. Sorry about the pivot getting loose. Yes you can put in some loctite. I usually do but I must have forgotten. Don't use a lot of loctite and don't use the permanent one or it will be stuck for good. Tightnen the screw nice and tight. Because of the bearings you can get it pretty tight without loosing the smooth action. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
-Ray

... it opens soo smooth and crisp, almost want to jump out of you hand it comes out soo quick, great lookup as well...
I can second this, having recently received one with a bearing - it will open so fast it is surprising until you get used to it :). One month in, EDCing a similar model, it still surprises me sometimes :). Very nice work Ray!

Cheers,
David

Back