Custom DPx HEST/F scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance anyone will start making custom scales for production models. I am thinking after I just got a Manix II in Orange that that would be a cool look for the HEST folder. I own no OD G10 scaled knives. I now love orange and added to my ESSE knife will collect more.

If we got enough interest, I am sure someone would make up this single scale for a decent price.

I know that at least two guys here on BF make great custom scales, Barry H and peter r. If you do a search you can find great pictures of their work. Once the HEST folder is released, I'm sure either of these gents could make up a custom scale for you

the knife connection offers custom scales for some of the esee knives. im sure with enough interest they could pull a production model and offer a few scale options.

i am expecting a mr dp version but when i get my hands on a production model i would be interested in a orange set, or maybe a color that isnt offered already.

i think someone should start making custom g10. pink, green, blue and some other colors to offer people that want to customize knives.

Last edited:
I know that at least two guys here on BF make great custom scales, Barry H and peter r. If you do a search you can find great pictures of their work. Once the HEST folder is released, I'm sure either of these gents could make up a custom scale for you

That's who I would recommend. They both do fantastic work. I personally have a scale BarryH made for my sebenza that is excellent. It's in my pocket right now.

Not trying to make a comarison in any way but part of my logic for ordering a production one was this idea of customizing the scale as an alternative/ delay to buying into a Rick Hinderer XM18 Flipper at a much higher price. I feel the value this HEST folder on paper and by reputation of builder represented was much higher for similar quality components.

Frankly in Black G 10 the XM 18 is bland, but in orange it pops, I Got To Have You!

If enough scales are built it would be a great mod to make this dull OD become, Orange Bing on titanium goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back