Custom Leather Survivor Sheaths!

I have already done that Andy. I sent him a drawing of my sheath and what I wanted and we exchanged a few emails. I sent him my Leatherman to help with the making of the sheath. I just haven't heard from him in a couple months.

Ah. Well, that sucks. I thought you were trying to go through Dan. No excuse for them not replying, wonder what's up?
:grumpy:

Andy

The last time I talked to the guy who makes the sheaths, he had a back order of 3 months. I have never once had a problem with JRE. I am sure they will come through.

Chris

I just heard from Dan Storm and they are starting the run. Any day now...

I got my email as well. What was everyone thinking for there personal sheath. I have a few idead but wanted to see if we can get a think tank of sorts going here on this thread.

Lets hear some ideas.

Paul

I got my e-mail also.
I mentioned in my reply that I would like to have that pinlock that they showed in the pictures. I also would like to have eyelets that match the spacing that my Bushcraft sheath has, so they could be mounted together if I wanted to. I also like the drop loop, but with a loop on the back of the sheath also, so the sheath would have a drop leg and a high ride feature.
I also think the waxed sheaths are great, as it makes them harder and tougher. Beyond that I am not sure.

Sounds like the sheaths are starting up! I am motivated! I feel it all coming together for me to play with in the woods this summer.:thumbup:

Has anybody thought about a breakfront design to facilitate a quicker draw. So that you dont have to draw the thing like a sword out of the sheath? Just wanted to see some input on design. Or is everybody going with a pouch style?

Paul

Tap, Tap, Tap... any word on these? Anyone got theirs yet? Any more emails?

Hey All;

We are slowly working out the kinks and getting a few shipped out.
We have some of these first 2 styles done and shipped:
Koster Sheath Page

We are working on a few of the more elaborate designs that the folks came up with as well.
It has definitely been an interesting learning curve and finding out
what will and will not work has us scratching our heads sometimes!
:D

Lotsa Scrap In The Scrap Pile Now!
:p

Those are looking good Dan!
I can't wait to see mine here. Don't rush. I don't have the Survivor yet.
I think my best knife day would be to come home from work and have the Survivor and Survivor sheath there to surprise me at the same time.:thumbup::D;)

Thanks for the update Daniel, I think the guys really appreciate getting that. Looking forward to mine.

JH :thumbup:

The photos do not do it justice. It is a fine sheath - quality piece.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg