Custom Micarta scales for Rat-3?

Hi! Just joined bladeforums because I was thinking about getting some custom micarta scales made for a rat-3, but a Google search didn't turn up anything close to what I was looking for.

I'm not even sure if this is the right subforum, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Hi! Just joined bladeforums because I was thinking about getting some custom micarta scales made for a rat-3, but a Google search didn't turn up anything close to what I was looking for.

I'm not even sure if this is the right subforum, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!
Simple change would be to dye them. I saw a video on youtube were a guy dyed micarta...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

We've been kicking the idea around the plant of just ordering some different parts from our supplier. Scales, screws, etc. Instead of making runs of new knives, we'd just make supplies for modders available right on our website. There are some details to work out still (which knives do we do, what parts do we select, how many do we have to buy for our suppliers to agree to this, what operations should perform if any on the parts) but the idea has enough traction that I'd say it'll probably happen sooner or later.

We've been kicking the idea around the plant of just ordering some different parts from our supplier. Scales, screws, etc. Instead of making runs of new knives, we'd just make supplies for modders available right on our website. There are some details to work out still (which knives do we do, what parts do we select, how many do we have to buy for our suppliers to agree to this, what operations should perform if any on the parts) but the idea has enough traction that I'd say it'll probably happen sooner or later.

^^^ :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Great idea. I would love see this happen. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Simple change would be to dye them. I saw a video on youtube were a guy dyed micarta...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I actually was thinking about more complicated designs, but this is a good idea!

Cool! look forward to keeping up with this!

I would certainly support a "Factory Store" option. The ability to order scales, replacement clips, screws etc would be an excellent feature and would certainly put you another cut above the competition.

I would certainly support a "Factory Store" option. The ability to order scales, replacement clips, screws etc would be an excellent feature and would certainly put you another cut above the competition.

You can actually order replacement screws and the like by calling customer service. I'm a little gun shy about making that available openly on the website because we don't want to have someone a) order the wrong part for their knife; or b) place an order for purchase for something that should be covered under warranty.

Back