IMG_1056.JPG

IMGP3250.JPG

IMGP3251.JPG

IMGP3257.JPG

IMGP3258.JPG

IMGP3262.JPG

IMG_2609.JPG

i did :)

rinos, all I can say is WOW! That stacked wood and leather are really impressive, but the last one you show displays some mighty fine talent! I just scratch my head looking at that one...Well Done! :thumbup:

Wonderful work Rinos, love the inlayed Mora with the amazing capped sheath. My next projects are some Sammi culture fixed blades with Antler handles and sheaths, then maybe a couple with Walrus ivory. Love your stuff.

Best regards

Robin

Does anyone think it is possible to make a sheepsfoot blade Mora? I was going to buy one and wanted to see if anyone had done it.

Connor

Does anyone think it is possible to make a sheepsfoot blade Mora? I was going to buy one and wanted to see if anyone had done it.

Connor

I don't see the usefulness of a sheepsfoot Mora, but I am curious to see that as well. I am sure that someone has done a modification like that.

***I should add that I prefer some belly in my outdoors blades, so that is why I don't see the usefulness for me

Last edited:
Rino - this is great work shown off here :) Very great skills. Thanks for sharing these beauties with us.

Connor - I think that´s possible; you should try it when getting a blade and grind it down... that bladeshape would be interessting to look at, especially because of how the scandi grind will perform in this shape. A nice idea :)

Hey, does anyone have a picture of a "naked" mora blade? Like one without the handle. If its just a straight tang under the handle I might try to add some g10 handle scales on mine.

IIRC, traditional Moras have a stick tang.

I seem to remember in my wanderings seeing a newer Mora design which was full tang. But it was pricey. Over $100.

I seem to remember in my wanderings seeing a newer Mora design which was full tang. But it was pricey. Over $100.

Okay. I have the companion mg heavy duty. I dislike the looks of the handle but it
Functions so whatever. Functions well
Actually.

I take the scandi grinds to the belt sander and and convex down the shoulders a bit.
It makes them better slicers without affecting original performance.

IMG_8837.JPG

i bought Mora Lapplander 90 blank,for about 25-30 $ year ago,bushcraft fashion for sure,raised prices on some type of knives...:confused:
when i sailed in merchant marine,Mora was like disposable blade,use them and abuse them,gave it to some longshoreman or just trow away,then just pick up new one from box.

Back