Customized Rinaldi Machete

FortyTwoBlades

Baryonyx walkeri
Dealer / Materials Provider
A forged, distal-tapered machete with a tapered stick tang is already an awesome thing. But I think these mods made it even more so. :D Gave it a drop point and extended the grind. Also thinned that grind significantly.

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

Quite well, indeed! They're exceptionally comfortable. :)

Whoa, those are cool and the modded one is a beaut. Every "knife" should have a point IMHO; so much more useful than a blunt tip. I approve of this mod. :thumbup:;):D

Thanks! :D They also make this model with a stacked leather handle.

Maybe once I have a few extra ones. Just one of those left in stock at the moment so I figured I'd leave it alone. :)

I'm told it's C45, which is a European equivalent of 1045. Despite the seemingly low carbon content (it's classed as a medium carbon steel) they manage to get a very good hard heat treatment out of it. Their tools all have the ability to take and hold a fine edge, yet ding or roll under strain rather than chip.

Maybe once I have a few extra ones. Just one of those left in stock at the moment so I figured I'd leave it alone. :)

Meh, that's no reason for it to go unmodded in my opinion; I think the modded version is much more attractive personally. Plus, I see your version has much more sharpened cutting edge length compared to stock so that's a big bonus. :thumbup::thumbup::D

Hahaha--well the one in the OP disappeared pretty quick, so I may just do the same with the leather one. :D

As far as the edge length goes, the Special Grade option on the regular version takes care of that. We grind it all the way down to the base of the blade like on the modified one (just without the addition of the primary grind.)

Funny that this 2-year-old thread should be resurrected now. I'm working on putting together one with an aluminum guard. Not sure when I'll be done with it, though, as my boy is coming up to stay a while and things have been busy at the shop.

Back