Customs to UK on Swamp Rat Knives

Hi All

Does anyone know if there are customs charges for a swamp rat knife going to the UK, if so how much can I expect to pay ??

Regards
Brendan

Hey Brendan! Welcome...

Check out your local customs website, they will have a downloadable pdf giving you all the info on 'Weapons and guns' or similar wording. This will outline all applicable import duty and taxes on such items.

What are you looking at getting?

Thanks for the welcome but I must admit I've been lurking for a while.

Without a doubt the Coot !!

:)

The last item I sent to the UK was judged by the price of the item being sent as to the amount of the Tarriff.
Beware though, customs searches all packages, and on this particular knife they decided to "play" with it and ended up doing considerable damage to the knife. I need to e-mail the "victim" to see how that one turned out.:grumpy: A small knife should go through fairly unmolested though, this one was eight inches long and was a beautiful knife once upon a time....:mad:

What do you mean "play" - what did they do ??

I've ordered about 12 items from Himalayan Imports and other than ferocious charges everything has been fine.

B

In "play" I mean that there is a gash along the backside of the sheath where they took a box cutter and cut the packing open and went into the sheath. Then there are several dings in the blade that werent there when I sent it. Otherwise, all should be well... just go by the purchase price for the tarriff and all should be well.

Sorry to dig up an old thread;

UK customs charges are around 21-26% + up to a £13 ($20ish) additional (to the shipping already paid) handling fee by UK 'Parcel Force'.
This obviously proves a right pain in the ass as if you are charged, it tends to be on the door step :(

Hope that helps

Back