Cyber-Monday Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it have potentially made more sense to do some sort of listing through a third-party site with much higher traffic bandwidth? For example doing a few buy-it-now auctions on eBay that are posted at a few times during the day to give those at work or away from their computers a chance.

Either that, or do something like a raffle online with a certain number of winners. Those winners are then enabled to make a purchase through the website or email directly.

Just trying to brainstorm ideas that would allow for public sale without a 'black friday' online stampede which overwhelms the website's capacity. Inevitably, this model leaves people who waited for a chance out in the cold due to the unfortunate luck of having a slower internet connection or running into a crashed domain.

Anyway, good luck to those who get a shot!

They may be all over this already, but somebody needs to get on the phone with Magento and boost the bandwidth for a while until the sale is over. Should be a pretty easy fix. Most providers are able to do something like that.

^^^^
+1 :thumbup:

These are infractable posts? I guess you're free to police your own sub-forum, but just thinking that you might be overreacting just a little bit. I could see an infractable post being "get more bandwidth next year morons" or something like that...but just suggestions? I don't see it. And, as someone who does not frequent this forum, I don't see myself posting here because your moderation seems a little too controlling and hands-on. Not that you'll care, but I guess I just felt I needed to say something about this.

I don't think they've actually been up for sale yet. I'm pretty sure if someone had gotten one they would have been here letting us know.

These are infractable posts? I guess you're free to police your own sub-forum, but just thinking that you might be overreacting just a little bit. I could see an infractable post being "get more bandwidth next year morons" or something like that...but just suggestions? I don't see it. And, as someone who does not frequent this forum, I don't see myself posting here because your moderation seems a little too controlling and hands-on. Not that you'll care, but I guess I just felt I needed to say something about this.[/QUOTE]

When I need your Help - I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks and I hope you feel better ;)
Rubi

These are infractable posts? I guess you're free to police your own sub-forum, but just thinking that you might be overreacting just a little bit. I could see an infractable post being "get more bandwidth next year morons" or something like that...but just suggestions? I don't see it. And, as someone who does not frequent this forum, I don't see myself posting here because your moderation seems a little too controlling and hands-on. Not that you'll care, but I guess I just felt I needed to say something about this.

When I need your Help - I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks and I hope you feel better ;)
Rubi

Not sure I understand. Nice to see a moderator have such a mature, rational reaction to someone disagreeing with them. You're a class act for sure.

Any Firefighters/LEO's try to place an order today? Rob said to email them today and no word. Im sure they're busy but Im just wondering if anyone got an order in yet.

Does anyone know how much more DLC costs on the XMs? If the bone stock version is $385, I'd like to get an idea on which knife I should focus on clicking first when the knives come up.

Just checked out the thread on usn and some guy posted that it has some thing to do with the hosting and he's working to get the site back up and running, so i don't know if anybody was able to get one yet.
Said site crashed due to an "insane" amount of traffic.

Does anyone know how much more DLC costs on the XMs? If the bone stock version is $385, I'd like to get an idea on which knife I should focus on clicking first when the knives come up.

Typically it adds $50 to the price for a total of $435.

DLC adds approximaely $50 but DLC's weren't part of todays offering. 3.5" (the current three(3) blade styles SW.

Put a Wharncliffe in my cart, checked out and it was sold out already. Maybe next time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back