Damn, It`s Cold Here!

JK Knives

Woke up this morning to a balmy -33 with wind chill. All of the schools are closed around here. I really need to get out to the shop to figure out some new ideas, but it`s hard dragging my tired old ass out of the warmth of the house! All I have in the shop is a tiny electric heater, does not do much. I feel like the pioneers, every morning I need to chop the ice in my cooling pan! :eek:
Keep warm, guys.

153179z.jpg

Holy hell that's cold! It's minus 2 here before windchill, which is cold as a mutha for central KY. Brrr.

Stay warm in that shop man!

Haha, looks exactly like my lazy mutt. She will find pillows and blankets in pitch black darkness. Laziest mutt I know. LOVES her mom's heat blankets.
lazymutt010.jpg

lazymutt012.jpg

When I got up this morning, the woodstove had burned down the embers, very cold (7 degrees this morning in the city). Got that stoked, washed and dressed, etc. When I went out to start the truck, one of the cats ran out the door with me. By the time I got back to the front door, my face hurt like I was burned, and the cat was at the door screaming. The other cat ran out the door, and the dogs were awake and ready to head out to the back yard. Tossed them outside, started getting the animals breakfast ready (feel like a cafeteria cook these days, the younger cats and puppy were asleep). Went back to the truck, the other cat ran past me, screaming. Brought the dogs in, they chastised me for forcing them to go to the bathroom outside. Everyone was very excited to be in a warm house, eating breakfast. 5AM is very early for them to eat breakfast, but they gulped down some chow today.

They would probably wake me up and throw ME outside in -33 deg weather if I tried to toss them outside.
BTW, it was a PIA before, when the dogs decided they were going to jump on my bed. They toss and turn all night long. Got in a fight once (he's mine, no he's mine). With a mountain of blankets and the woodstove roaring, those dogs were not unwelcome.:D

Just wanted to say, the rest of the crew took care of the younger cats and the puppy.

Last edited:
Too cold! Should I mention it will be in the low 80's here today :)

It SUCKED getting to work today John. We had a hard temp of -27 with a wind chill of -38.

Back