Danner Rat Temperate

I love mine. I has wore them. At least 15 hours a day since the 14th. Sunday I took a hike in the woods for about a hour. Up lots of hills and all in about 2" of snow. The gortex did a awesome job. Nothing got thru them. Amazing footwear. Like everyone knows im standing on concrete daily. I got in on the 1/2 price before the site locked down, knowing what I know now. If I had the money I would buy them for full price

Whoomp there it is! Made another post and then saw this.

Just got mine in and strapped them on for a 2 mi. walk with the dog. Kickin myself in Da Azz for not getting two at that price :(

Nice pair of boots - Very Nice :thumbup:

I have wore Danner Acadia's for work the last 7 years and absoulutely love them!

Mike

Never owned Acadia's or other Danners before the sale - but the RATS friggin Rock every Boot I have ever worn - Hands Down

I'm 51, so been thru a few pairs of boots :D I bought the Super Rain Forest and Mtn Light Hikers too during the sale - I think the RATS will probably top every pair of boots I have ever worn

I have been fortunate in the fact that our department buy them for us on ERT.These are my second acadia's. I had Rocky's before but will only wear Danners now. I wear them year round and they are just perfect in all weather.

Mike

I placed an order at a local Army Navy store for some Danner Acadias a few days ago, the Altamas I was given, I just wasn't happy with.

Day 17

2010-12-30_13-52-13_959.jpg

also, if you haven't, some decent insoles go a long way, where your standing on concrete for most the day your feet may appreciate you picking some up.

Jeremy you cant go wrong with those Dang Danners,, I am missing my pair right now,,purchased my first pair 27 years ago,,Fort Lewis Go Devil boots,, Man they dont get any better.

First pair lasted me through academy & jail time, then retired to the garage. Second pair of Fort Lewis's purchased in 91,,re-soled twice locally spent 12 years on the street,,

Now I am sitting here waiting for them to get back from Danner with a $125 complete refurbish, gonna be a pretty much new pair when I get them back. Cant wait.

Not a bad company,, $125 to completely rebuild a 20 year old pair of boots!!

I got my acadias in yesterday, so far I'm liking them pretty well, showered in them this morning to help break them in, and then took them for a hike

IMG_4605.jpg

How are the Rats in terms of fit and weight? I have an 8.5 foot sz and wondering if I should get the 8.5 or 9 for the temperate steel toe.

I think they run a little small, I'd go with the 9s. They are amazingly comfortable right out of the box. Highly recommended.

Cool thanks. Would the same apply for the width? I'm E or regular...but I heard these are pretty narrow. They look badass....I just want something that will be bomb proof.

Back