DC Munroe Chimera

Anyone have any experience with this knife? I ordered a left hand version and it may take 6 months to get it. Is it a liner lock or a frame lock?

I've had the Chimera Elite for about 6 months now and I can't say enough about the folder.I have well over 50 customs and 50 productions and this has to be the best buy for a handmade folder that I got.It opens smooth as glass,the oversized liner and large detent sucks the blade in on the closed position.You can close it to 1/4 to 1/2" and the blade feels like it closes the rest of the way on its own.DC makes a liner lock the way it schould be made.the liner is .80 thick and locks up solid,no blade play in any direction.I've spine whacked it,white knuckled it and the blade would'nt budge.Look at the materials you get for the price,titanium and talonite and if you want to pay even less you get the same materials with the carbon fiber onlay.
The craftmanship is 1st class.Fit and finish,small details like the milled lines in the circles on my model 2.The small ball bearings on the titanium onlay.Even the way DC made the slots on the top of the blade where the thumb rests so the hand wont slide when thrusting.he made sort of like an upside saw cuts.there is no way your thumb is going to slide and even after a lot of use it does'nt hurt your thumb.Its so simple everyone else must be saying "why did'nt I think of that".The only other maker that has such a good thump purchase that I've seen is Mike Vagnino but his is a much more complicated cris-cross pattern.
I would highly reccommend DC Munroe's Chimera

SD, Check this link out. Enjoy!
wink.gif

http://www.bladegallery.com/knives/maker.asp?code=13&display=Deryk+Munroe

Back