DDR balisong

What's happenin, guys!

I've had the grand opportunity to flip many of Darrel Ralph's balisong knives here lately. I know none of you here would carry a balisong for the same reason I carry my balisong.
I just wanted to give you guys a visual representation of what this man is capable of creating. And of what I am capable of creating with his hand candy!! :rolleyes: All of these videos include nothing but DDR balisong.
I realize there is a balisong section here at BFC but, I posted this here purposefully, for the other side of the balisong/DDR enthusiasts out here.

Enjoy! Subscribe! Comment!

I wanna know what you guys think about these knives and how you feel as the sport/hobby, as well.

-Stu a.k.a. feenxfire a.k.a. SickOfTheists a.k.a. B
(you've heard of me somewhere...)

[video=youtube;aZnejKJ5oeA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZnejKJ5oeA[/video]
[video=youtube;hYHjvCfxc7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYHjvCfxc7w[/video]
[video=youtube;tvvyinkwHxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvvyinkwHxg[/video]

Great videos. I absolutely love the stop motion style editing. Watching those videos sends chills down my spine. I couldn't imagine twirling a sharp blade around my finger like that. I do enjoy watching other people flip balis though. It's just something I don't have the cajones to try myself. What I really like the most and what impresses me the most is how natural and fluid you appear when flipping. I've seen lots of flippers that just look like a robot and very mechanical.

Heh heh. That's how you can tell a newbie from an "OG" like myself. I've been doing this for almost four years now. I flipped a Benchmade BM42 for two and a half of these four years. I didn't stop flipping it, until I received my first DDR. Lol. Now I wield two!

I cut myself a few minutes ago, and I'm still waiting for the super glue to dry up on my finger. You can't even imagine what your typical flipper's keyboard looks like....much less their hands...err....what's left of them. It's not something everyone can do. 99.999% of EVERY I've ever tried to teach has given up after cutting themselves just a few times. Tsk. Typical sadists.

You sir, have some skills. And a nice bali or two :) Pretty sure those are illegal here, so I haven't picked one up. Thanks for sharing!

I gotta get a balisong some time. So far I've only done tricks with a few fixed blades, folders, and a MT OTF.

As everyone else has said, awesome videos. I gotta say, fearing cuts and injuries is one thing, it also takes guts to watch a DDR hit the floor. Like how it's being flipped as opposed to the safequeen BM 4X's and Tachyons sitting out there.

Last edited:
You gots some sick flippin skillz son! Great vids. Hey since you odviously know what your doing I have a question for you. I'm a knife nut and have some nice folders but no experience with bali's. I spend hours sharpening, tuning, and playing with my knives so I feel it's time to get a blade that's meant to be played with. If nothing else it will save my expensive folders some wear. Anyways I am trying to decide which one to get? I really like titanium and g10 so I'm drawn to the bm5. I also like the crowned blade. I was looking at 6x's, and the tacheyen. I like the alpha beast and ddr midtech but they are a little more then I think I should spend now. My question is can the 51 be a "compitent flipper" or is it just to light? Is it capable of doing those things in your vids or would you reccomend a diff one? If so what and why? I will be flipping a couple hours a day most likely if that matters? I've hear a heavy Bali gets painful from ricoches over time not to mention a heavy Bali will bite harder I'd imagine. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks, Scott

Wowsers. I can't even imagine the amount of time it took to develop those skills!

I have a DDR American Patriot Balisong, and it flips great, it 154cm and scary sharp, but it's just sitting know. Got into folders

[="dishcore, post: 13198306, member: 324586"]Wowsers. I can't even imagine the amount of time it took to develop those skills![/QU

Back