"DDT" Prototype

Hey All,

Here is the prototype "DDT". 9" of blade to take down to the old sandbar:) This piece was made from 3/16" thick 1095, and has a tapered tang with the integral, somewhat modified devils horn guards. Has some really cool burl handle slabs. It is headed to one of the mags for review. It feels really light and fast in the hands. Hope they like.....................................................

Enjoy,

David Dempsey
www.dempseyknives.com

Attachments

• ddta1.jpg
    ddta1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 323
What a graceful beautiful grind. I love the overall design. Execution is excellent. Wasn't too sure about the holes at first but they're growing on me. Been working with Mayo? Just kidding, I really like it and bet the mag will too.

Steve Ferguson

David,
Outstanding!!! Looks to be wickedly quick. I'm looking forward to fondling that bad boy!
Stay Safe,
Clyde

Those holes may have to grow on me, but that blade is as sweet as they come!

That is a BEAUTIFUL knife!!:D I am sure that it will get a great review. It looks light and quick, and the handle looks comfortable and user friendly. I, personally, like the speed holes. Good luck on the review. I do not think you will need luck though. Your skill will carry you!

Thanks for taking a look and the kind comments. She was fun to put together:) It will leave the house early next week along with another piece I'm finishing up, the "Brush Buster".

I have another view of the DDT looking down if interested, it shows the handle contouring pretty well.

Thanks again!

David

David,

Great knife! I have always enjoyed looking at your knives and was looking forward to some larger blades. It was worth the wait. But as nice as the DDT is, I would really dig seeing that "brush buster" :cool:

That's about all I can think to say! Great work David, and make sure to post Brush Buster pix when you get them done!!!

I really do like the look of that knife!! Good luck with the Mag article they would have to be crazy not to love it!

You folks will be liking the Brush Buster. David was kind enough to send along a pic of one after he had whacked in two a 4X4 of CCA treated Southern Yellow Pine with it. If you're not familiar with it, CCA treatment will make wood so hard that most utility poles treated with it are considered unclimbable by lineman.
Stay Safe,
Clyde

Back