Death Chat!!

Steel130,

I will respond to your email this evening. Busy grinding away at the moment. The one that Hikingmano has for sale is a Shortie Mini Bowie. It was a one off that was custom made to his specs. I believe it has a 3" Blade instead of 3 3/4" like the regular ones. By all means pick this one up if it speaks to you. I just cleaned it all up and it is pretty much brand new again.

No worries at all Ban :) Look forward to chatting with you.

Got new grips for the new gun.

etc1.jpg

Hey, let's do a BBQ get-together on a weekend in June. That should give us plenty of time to plan out a day that works for everyone. I was thinking we can hit up a local park and do a hike then BBQ, or just hang out and BBQ. Maybe chop some stuff up, if it's not a crowded park and we won't scare folks :D

What do you all think?

Is this open for others as well? If so, count me in - I am at a shouts distance from San Jose. June Sunday is fine as well.

Is this open for others as well? If so, count me in - I am at a shouts distance from San Jose. June Sunday is fine as well.

Welcome to the forum. You are most definitely welcome to join us.

Welcome to the forum. You are most definitely welcome to join us.

Hey Ban. I wish I saw this forum earlier - I just scouted out a lot of your knives and I really like your stuff. I have the feeling I'm going to become an owner soon when funds get available.

The Gathering is rough stuff. Pretty good way of pressure testing your skills. We should probably first start off with rubber/foam knives, stick, and swords

I'd be game (starting off easy though :) )

J, you have too many toys :D

So, what weekend works for folks? I'm pretty flexible this month. This weekend and next weekend, I won't be able to stay longer than 4 or 5 probably, if folks were planning on staying that long.

The 15th 16th probably wont be good for me but other weekends will.

Probably won't work for me either, now that I think about it a bit more.

What do people think about next Sunday? If not, the 23rd would be the next option.

My sundays are pretty open. I should be ok other than next sunday. I will be in LA that weekend for the International Yoga Competition.

Alright, let's tentatively plan for the 23rd. Let's get a head count going; chime in if you can make it.

And have fun next weekend, Ban! :thumbup:

Haha, I thought that'd be the easier part; I was just trying to nail down what date works for folks.

I'm thinking most people are south bay or peninsula? I'll start off with a few options:

1) Easy meet-up at Ban's again, maybe for some chopping fun.

2) Hike at a park somewhere in the south or southeast bay, and/or BBQ. Big Basin SP or Castle Rock SP perhaps.

3) Go to a range (would be fun, but I have nothing to shoot and am relatively poor until later this summer, haha)

Open to other suggestions...

Back