Design A Simple Knife

Here are two more ideas I drew up. The first is a drop point.

jkedcskele001.jpg

OAL is 6"
Blade is 2 3/4"
Handle is 3 1/4"
Stock Steel 1/8"
Blade Height is 1"
Handle Height is 7/8"
Large Hole is 3/8"
Small Hole is 1/8"

This next one, which I really like a lot actually is a smaller knife in general. Would be a sweet little necker.

jkedcskele002.jpg

OAL is 5 3/4"
Blade is 2 1/2"
Handle is 3 1/4"
Knife Height is 3/4" at widest.
Thinner stock steel (1/16" would be sweet).

I was thinking about putting some holes in the handle of this one but I didn't know what style so I left it blank. Kinda like it. I have a couple more modles in mind for tomorrow. :thumbup:

PS. Sorry for the crappy pictures. Especially the first one (will retake that one tomorrow with better lighting).

Some great designs here, I've not really got anything much different to what's already here.
On a knife with this overall length I'd rather have as much handle as I can and compromise on the blade length a little.I also think that 1/16" stock is plenty thick enough on a little knife like this as you aren't going to use is a pry bar !

design042.jpg

You really need to get a forge man, You've had so many killer ideas, and I love this one too.

Modified a sketch I did a while back.

Disregard where is says 3/32" stock, it is 1/8". Holes are 3/8". 5 3/4" overall
WorkKnife-1-1.jpg

OK. There are starting to be too many that are almost the same. Let`s watch what we are posting, or else judging these will be a real pain. Remember, you guys are the judges!

I'm partial to this one. I may end up ordering this one in the end!

JK2.jpg

Okay, I had some random, crazy inspiration last night, and I don't know if anyone will think these are any good, but these should be my last entries.

28ku3bo.jpg

amb33a.jpg

sg78s5.jpg

~Noah

OK. There are starting to be too many that are almost the same. Let`s watch what we are posting, or else judging these will be a real pain. Remember, you guys are the judges!

Mine all have the same handle just different blade styles. Do you want me to edit my post to show only my two favorites?

I couldn't get the bottle opener to look right but you get the idea. You'd have to get the spacing of the holes perfect.

JK3.jpg

I wasn't totally happy with my JK Pocket Pal and so re-drew it with a few very subtle changes. Please replace my original with this one John !
Still like to see it with 1/16" stock !!!!

design045.jpg

Last edited:
Hi John,

Since you couldn't save my designs, I just e-mailed them to you. Thanks!

~Noah

Back