Design Your Perfect EDC Knife Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any rules for this other than dimensions?
I've never designed a knife before so I sat down and sketched out two knives last night.

Before I pay to submit this, is there additional info I should include/create? Newbie alert!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't do a hole like you show, the biggest I can do is 1/2" and that won't work.

Well this is the other design, well within the specs.
You only require a card board cutout?
L

Edit, blade height is 3/4"

Last edited:
Well this is the other design, well within the specs.
You only require a card board cutout?
6eJyuRC.jpg

Edit, blade height is 3/4"

different, i like it :thumbup:

different, i like it :thumbup:

Thank you sir! I may swap an eighth of an inch from the blade to the handle before I mail in my cutout, that is if JK Knives doesn't mind. I think a 3" blade is a bit more of a go to size for edc.

15 more days, then I will eliminate any drawings that have not been paid for, and see if there are enough entries to have the contest. If not, I will refund the other entry fees.

A lot of great designs so far. I hope we get enough to pay for mine to be made. :rolleyes:

When I first read the requirements I instantly pictured a straight blade, pocket carry knife. A few of the designs have utilized the max 1.25" wide steel. For me that is to wide for pocket carry, so I stayed with 3/4". This should make it easier to carry and will hopefully keep the cost down some.
6"overall= 2.5" blade + 3.5 handle. 1/4" thick micarta (or ebony?) scales.

Aw heck ill play to. This is keeps looking like more and more fun!

Ill send my entry fee in the morning.

Don't worry about refunding my payment if this doesn't happen. It isn't much but, put it toward your advertising costs. Hell, use it on some range time or buy lunch.

If tossing in a couple more dollars would help keep this rolling, let me know. I'd be willing to up the ante;). A few dollars to see someone get their perfect EDC doesn't sound unreasonable.

Don't worry about refunding my payment if this doesn't happen. It isn't much but, put it toward your advertising costs. Hell, use it on some range time or buy lunch.

If tossing in a couple more dollars would help keep this rolling, let me know. I'd be willing to up the ante;). A few dollars to see someone get their perfect EDC doesn't sound unreasonable.

I agree.

Mine's coming first of the week. It will be a sure build regardless of the contest outcome.

Jeff

Yep. Another $10 bucks wont hurt.

John,
this is a very nice thread and idea. I want to participate but at the moment I'm far away from home and I won't be back before the deadline. Also, I would never be able to deliver the cardboard cutout in a few days, considering my location. Yet, I have an interesting (or so I believe :p) idea and I hope I manage to draw the pattern and submit it here :)

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back