Dimebag Darrell, R.I.P.

I am VERY interested to hear what this scumbags motive was, or what broke his wire loose. Any word on the other fatalities or what set off this loon?

I grew up listening to Pantera and the like. Phil Anselmo and the rest of the band parted ways, with Phil forming Superjoint Ritual and Darrell forming Damageplan. This is so shocking. I've been to many heavy metal concerts and the crowd is usually friendly, taking out any agression in the mosh pit.

I was combing the net for stories and found that the shooter was a rabid Pantera fan who hung out at a local tattoo shop but was described as a loser. Apparently a boucer and security guard were tailing him, but were too late. He jumped onstage screaming about the Pantera breakup, then pumped several rounds into Darrell.

(From MTV.com):

Dimebag Darrell, guitarist for Damageplan and Pantera, was killed during a shooting spree at a Columbus, Ohio, nightclub Wednesday night. He was 38.

Darrell, real name Darrell Abbott, was among the five people killed during the incident. Also dead are the gunman, 25-year-old Nathan Gale of nearby Marysville, Ohio; Damageplan bodyguard Jeff Thompson, 40; fan Nathan Bray, 23; and Erin Halk, 29, who worked at the club. Gale also wounded two people.

Damageplan had just begun their first song in front of approximately 250 people at Alrosa Villa when the gunman jumped onstage, made a comment about Pantera, and began firing at close range into Darrell's body, shooting him several times before opening fire on the crowd

Good news to hear that the f'ker got shot in the face with a rifle. You robbed us of one of the last remaining true metal guitarists. No open casket for you.

At least now Jimi Hendrix and Cliff Burton have some company.

The only reason I remembered this band was it because it was on a Beavis and Butthead episode.

Butthead 'Whoa..The only thing cooler than bands that get chicks, are bands that scare chicks'

Temper said:
The only reason I remembered this band was it because it was on a Beavis and Butthead episode.

Butthead 'Whoa..The only thing cooler than bands that get chicks, are bands that scare chicks'

lol, pretty accurate in fact :)

Back