disc metal ?

We have a Lembken discing machine (farm equipment) that we are going to be changing the discs on. These are 24" round discs and there are 48 of them on the machine. Does anyone have any idea what metal they would be and are they of any use to the metal bashers. I don't have a forge so they are no use to me but if they are workable I can see if I can find a local blacksmith who could use them.
Thanks
Steve

Not sure of steel or quality, but I know they make great bases for equipment stands for things like bench grinders, forges, vices, third hands etc.

That's a huge amount of steel now that I read that again. I would absolutely cut off a chunk and have it analyzed. Could be very worthwhile. You could also contact the company and see if they have the info. The manufacturer must know what kind of steel they are using.

We have a guy around here that repurposes junk and he would probably use them as a base or a bird bath.

Could be several items. I would cut off a few pieces and best would have it analyzed and if not HT them in various medias and see how they do. Alot of good steel for forging if ya dont mind cutting it all up.

Back