do some rc-3s have black micarta?

It looks like there are some RC-3s with black micarta... and I'm not talking about the RAT-3. Seems like there are also some without the green fiber liners too.. not red, but NO liner. Im I imagining this? I'd like to buy one of these knives, but would like all black... actually, I'd prefer satin finished blade... but I'm sure the coatings take less work. These knives seem GREAT! Keep up the good work RAT folks!!!

All RC-3's have liners.........Green for the average joe...as mine is and Red liners for LEO or Military and Red liners available to those who take the Randall adventure course thru South America. all blades are coated ,you have the right to strip the blade yourself after purchasing one and 99.9% it will have Green liner which is formed to the micarta so,the liner is there ,non-removable... to me and this all black blade you have seen may have been a RAT3 D2 blade stripped....black micarta with stainless hardware...get a pic of the blade you seen and I can help better ...

Yeah.. youre probably right.. I think that in the pics I saw, the knife was wet, and just soaked into the handle a bit so it just looked all black.. such as in the pictures thread here where the knife is in the snow.. oh well.. this knife is still a contender in my new edc fixed blade search.. so far between RAT RC-3(or 4), CRK Mounaineer I, Strider MFS, or a custom... currently, I'd definately say that the RC-3 is #1 of my search. I'm not the hugest fan of the grey handle or the liners, though... and since I won't be jumping off an airborn plane anytime soon, the molle?/cordura thing will not find any use from me. Otherwise, the knife seems GREAT, and the price is right.

Really, I like the looks of the older RAT-3 better, but horror stories of uneven grinds, and edges have chased me away...that and I have large hands, and would enjoy the bigger handle of the RC-3 I thinnk..

Back