Do You Train to Music?

Do you use music to train by? Certainly the military does when marching, workers in the field and sailors on ships do, I've got a Paul Vunak video on knife fighting where he plays a conga as the students go through drills .... and how many boxing gyms play the theme from Rocky (NOT the flying squirrel, unfortunately :(
How do you use it? As background, inspiration, to develop timing, footwork, flow, pacing?

I don't use it, but SPARK trains extensively to Barbara Streisand, and really sexy Liberace while wearing his skintight tactical gear waving his new Styer pistol and riding crop, but it's hard to breath with the red rubber ball he wears in his mouth.....

Oh the horror, the horror...

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is TRUE ART!!!!! :D

Robert, I know for a <b>FACT</b> that you are Andy and Justin's personal trainer with your patented "GrooveThang Mix" CD containing hits like "I'm Too Sexy for my Ass-less Chaps" "100% Pure Kydex Love" and the runaway smash hit "Theme song from Titanic (Titanicly Latent Assmonkey Mix)". Your aerobic heart rate remains in the low 70's even when taking on 5 "sparring partners" like you did in Man on Man 12 - The Return of Island boy.

If that wasn't enough, your burdgeoning fashion training apparel market really seems to be taking off - especially with the Tomahawk Tactical Twosome's "Rear Entry" velcro flapped Pink BDU ensemble making it's debut at Best Ranger 02.

Kevin

Of course the development of the Ass-less chaps was only possible from the design of the Spark rip-away-tea-bag-attack latex lesuire suit you perfected, during your search for the ultimate San Fran Special in one of the city's finest "shrimp bistros", bedecked in tight navy dungarees, tube top, mirrored sunglasses, and the U Boat commander hat with a freshly shined brim.

Of course you wouldn't be unarmed, so your fighting "blunted tip ribbed impact weapon" would be held in the Richard Gere Signature Series Gerbil Assault Sheath, which is totally concealable, since it is under the length of the average forearm.

Ah yes, I knew dipping into your former-Marine shore leave wardrobe would serve me well. Of course, nothing can compare to your mesh muscle shirt over pierced nipples, fuscia "Guess" daisy duke short-shorts, leg warmers, feather boa, fashionable spike heels and freshly shorn belly patch (lovingly sculpted into the "Artist formerly known as Prince" symbol). I can still remember the moans of delight as your coiterie amused us with erotic Persian lithographs, scented oils, and smoked duck meat. (Shudder) Your exercise methods, though certainly not conventional, must be gaining popularity as I've heard you've obtained a speaking appointment at the next NAMBLA meeting...

Since you've gotten Richard Gere's endorsement on the sheath system, I can only ASSume that you've perfected your internal molding "oven" & "form", with the help of your lovely assistant's boot inserted firmly to make sure each crease is perfected? It's marvelous how you managed to build a system capable of concealing a #10 can so well, how did you get past the discomfort? Could it be your extensive previous experience in the industry?

http://poetry.rotten.com/potatoes-n-jelly/
- <B>Warning, do not click on the above link unless you are interested in an "in depth" tour of Rob's new Kydex equipment.</b> It's pretty bad. BTW Rob, you need to shave again... and those stirrups looked really uncomfortable.

Kevin

You are THE master! (bater). I hear your new eye medication, combined with your Evil Kinevil motorcycling skills, have made, shall we say, "self enjoyment" rather difficult. Too bad, as I am sure heathly doses of liberally applied man chowder from Fisherman's warf might do the thing for your newly found vision, allowing you to eye the firm young "college men" on your daily bike route. Better hire a rickshaw so you can proceed with both hands on your way to work!

(that is only if you can keep your eyes off the shapely calves of your driver under his undulating firm buttocks)

I don't know if the eye surgery is a good thing after all! Who will answer the phone at One Stop while you while away the day rubbing succulent slices of goat meat over your sandaled young mule?

You guys are demented....BUT funny!

Poor Greg....waking up to this nightmare in a few hours, expecting to see legitimate posts!!! The horror...the horror...

U-Boat commander's hat...?

See what you've started, R.J.?

I wake up expecting to find some legtitmate posts and...

The whore...the whore...the whore...

Now you louts have me doing it, too!

All of you are banished to the YMCA for a month!

:rolleyes:

Slightly more serially: rythym might be something to avoid while actually fighting, since your opponent might be able to "time" your moves. Lee spoke a lot about "broken rythym", and striking on "half" beats.

On a more serious note, I remember seeing something on the Discovery channel about Duane Dieter using music when training the DSS guys for full contact drills.

Back when I was actually doing more than 12oz curls I used any music I could get my hands on that had 120 - 180 bpm during training, the faster the better. Nothing improves your endurance like picking up chicks and dancing at the local techno clubs - 5/6 hours at that and you'll be amazed how much longer you can run for the next day's PT sessions, much less ruck march.

Kevin

Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny jokingly told several of us students that we were afflicted with chronic "White Man's Disease" and needed to learn to move with more fluidity. He asked us to grab our favorite weapon and move with it to the salsa music that he plays during the warmup period for each class. Not hard to guess which weapon I selected.

I find the music very helpful to get one into a flowing motion (although I'm still suffering from the "Disease"!).

Back