Does anyone collects daggers?

This my first attempt to post here. I hope I will be able to attach the immage. I am wondering if there are people out there who are collecting daggers and double deged fighting knives. This is the latest addition to collection of my daggers ( thanks to Jaxurman). The picture was send to me by Mr. Jim Hammond. This is his Conqueror. Massive 6/16" thick. Huge and awesome. The jewel of my collection. I will try to post my other daggers later. I would appreciate the pics of other daggers from your collections. Alex.

Attachments

• hammdirk.jpg
    hammdirk.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 447
I can't say I collect them, but I have oneor two and I like double edged blades quite a bit. I have a damascus Crawfor, a few Polkowskis, a Hayes double edge wakizashi on the way and I'm looking at a Corkum. Also a few others and a couple of folders as well. Good folding daggers aren't as easy to find. I particularly like double temper lines/hamons, which aren't that easy to do. I'd love a Conny Persson damascus dagger, but there are quite a few beauties out there. I think the restrictive laws and attitudes in some jurisdictions have restricted their popularity somewhat.

PS That's a beauty

Not really a dagger fan, but that is sure a nice one. Even if they are not my favorite, I can appreciate why many like them so much.

:eek: :eek:
That Jim Hammond is WONDERFUL!

Knew who made it before I even read the words... Lovely knife.

I only have two daggers.... one is in the thread "First Handmade Knife I Ever Saw" the other is just a Newt Livesay neck knife... altho I would like to get a few nicer ones too. Someday.....

Resplendently gorgeous dagger! :eek: :cool: :eek: :cool: definately sweet! I likes it a lot! You've got a real beauty there.

Ummmmm I kinda hate doin this,and I mean to offend no-one, but I dont think thats a real pic. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just that I think it should be mentioned in the details that its a concept done in Adobe etc. If I'm wrong on this I apologise and sit humbled by the best lines I've ever seen.

I actually think thats just a really good pic of a really great knife.

Seen other pictures of that model... always looked that good to me.

Finally,
Somebody else is interested in daggers. Blade747 your knives are very beautiful. My taste is a little simpler. I like to call my daggers-tactical daggers. So my criterias are full tang and no natural material on the handle. I prefer micarta and G10. I will try to get the pictures of all my daggers soon and post them here. Here is the picture of the one that I had stupidity not to buy because I did not like the mastodon handle. This one is made by Billy Mace Imel. It is integral and I hate myself now. The dagger was $950 at Nordic knives and when I called Imell he quoted me $3000 for the same dagger. Regarding the image of Hammond knife I cannot say anything. It was sent to me by Mr. Hammond. I do not know how it was made. I have this dagger and looks exactly the same as the picture. Alex.

Attachments

• imeldagg.jpg
    imeldagg.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 321
Alex, you've got a good thing goin' in your selective tastes. It's OK to be different!

Now, that Imel dagger..... YOWIE!!!! What a grind and work of art. That darn junction of the bolster and blade is SUCH a focal draw. And that bolster area is ripe for a *little* tasteful and elegant engraving. But that's why you DON'T like it--it's too ornate. Different strokes!

This guy is a master, we see. There's always tomorrow..... :)

Thanks for the view. Looking forward to your others!

Coop

Blade747,
I knew you would like the engraving there. Me, I would prefer there a thumbprint like on Hammond dagger. Just to remember which way to hold it so it goes between the ribs smoothly. Just kidding. This is a small and poor quality picture of the Rod Chappel dagger that I own. It is called Night Raven and is serial #00. I will try to get a better picture later.Alex.

Attachments

• chapel.jpg
    chapel.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 309
I love them and am working on a collection of A.B.S. Master Smith Dagger. As far as users, not much to say, but I do appreciate them for the difficulty and work that goes into them.

This year I hope to pick up M.S. test daggers from John Fitch and Darrel Ralph as well as another one from Sava Damlovac later in the year. Last year there was a pic in Blade in which I was checking out the roughed out blade to John's dagger.

standard.jpg

Those are awsome balisongs. Too bad we can't own them in Canada.
Here is a pic of nice subhilt dagger by Voorhis. Alex.

Attachments

• voorhissubdag.jpg
    voorhissubdag.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 216
Lovely!
You are a baaaaadd man, torturing us innocent Canucks with such forbidden fruit :)

:eek:

I love that Brend! :cool:

Wonderful knives everyone.... this is tempting me to get seriously into daggers :D.

Back