Don’t cage it up, let it free! (The BF22 Bunny Knife picture thread!)

dLSMeDT.jpg

6vB906U.jpg

vNyHhWU.jpg

CelloDan CelloDan
Nice sharpening system. 👍
What is the minimum angle before the clamp gets in the way?
I like a keen 10 DPS or 12~12.5 DPS (20~25 degree inclusive) edge angle on my knives ... never more than 30 degree inclusive.
Can you sharpen a single bit axe head (also hatchet and hawk) with it?

What system are you using, and can you sharpen pen blades down to 16 or 17 degrees with it?

CelloDan CelloDan
Nice sharpening system. 👍
What is the minimum angle before the clamp gets in the way?
I like a keen 10 DPS or 12~12.5 DPS (20~25 degree inclusive) edge angle on my knives ... never more than 30 degree inclusive.
Can you sharpen a single bit axe head (also hatchet and hawk) with it?

how do you get the little bit near the choil

Hi gents :)

I am using the "Leading Edge" system designed by 777 Edge 777 Edge and the KakBritva side clamps available from Gritomatic.

It was very rewarding to assemble the system at home with 3D printed parts and in the process establish a friendship with its designer.
Burt has a wealth of knowledge on sharpening and was always happy to answer my many questions.

I sharpened the Bunny's pen blade at about 17 degrees ( on my second measurement it read a tad more at 17.4 but I left the system as it was)
The Bunny's pen blade is narrow and quite small so I was very happy with 17+ degrees.
I could see a bit of light under the stone so I could have gone lower if I wanted to.

My default angles in the initial reprofiling for all my knives are either 15 or 17 degrees per side (depending on steel, hardness, purpose etc)
The occasional maintenance is done on the sharpmaker rods at 20 degrees
A very few LIGHT passes gets you screaming sharp again :thumbsup: ( sort of a fancy way to stropp the blades I guess )

I know that on my Victorinox pen blade I can get about 15 degrees no problem :thumbsup:
AK7Xtrv.jpg

kKlAi12.jpg

My lambsfoot could go to about 12 degrees
EuXSdVf.jpg

I had been on a quest to find a sharpening system and/or clamps that would allow me to sharpen pen blades at lower angles.
The Leading Edge system coupled with the KakBritva clamps solved it for me :thumbsup::cool:

The beauty of these very economical clamps is that they can work on many different sharpening systems by using the proper adaptors available from Gritomatic as well.

So if you like to sharpen pen blades at lower angles look into these clamps and the accompanying adaptors for your particular system :thumbsup:

I had no issues sharpening near the choil. The stones hit the area quite well :thumbsup:
gdHvSK9.jpg

I discuss the KakBritva clamps in my thread about the building of my Leading Edge system here:

I have sharpened scissors and chisels on the system just to try all of its parts however my main interest is in small traditional knives.
I don't know about a bit axe head afishhunter afishhunter . You can shoot a PM to 777 Edge 777 Edge and ask him ... tell him you know CelloDan CelloDan LOL 😜😁

PS: further enquiries would perhaps be better addressed in the Maintenance section of our forum
Cheers :)

Last edited:
Hi gents :)

I am using the "Leading Edge" system designed by 777 Edge 777 Edge and the KakBritva side clamps available from Gritomatic.

It was very rewarding to assemble the system at home with 3D printed parts and in the process establish a friendship with its designer.
Burt has a wealth of knowledge on sharpening and was always happy to answer my many questions.

I sharpened the Bunny's pen blade at about 17 degrees ( on my second measurement it read a tad more at 17.4 but I left the system as it was)
The Bunny's pen blade is narrow and quite small so I was very happy with 17+ degrees.
I could see a bit of light under the stone so I could have gone lower if I wanted to.

My default angles in the initial reprofiling for all my knives are either 15 or 17 degrees per side (depending on steel, hardness, purpose etc)
The occasional maintenance is done on the sharpmaker rods at 20 degrees
A very few LIGHT passes gets you screaming sharp again :thumbsup: ( sort of a fancy way to stropp the blades I guess )

I know that on my Victorinox pen blade I can get about 15 degrees no problem :thumbsup:
AK7Xtrv.jpg

kKlAi12.jpg

My lambsfoot could go to about 12 degrees
EuXSdVf.jpg

I had been on a quest to find a sharpening system and/or clamps that would allow me to sharpen pen blades at lower angles.
The Leading Edge system coupled with the KakBritva clamps solved it for me :thumbsup::cool:

The beauty of these very economical clamps is that they can work on many different sharpening systems by using the proper adaptors available from Gritomatic as well.

So if you like to sharpen pen blades at lower angles look into these clamps and the accompanying adaptors for your particular system :thumbsup:

I had no issues sharpening near the choil. The stones hit the area quite well :thumbsup:
gdHvSK9.jpg

I discuss the KakBritva clamps in my thread about the building of my Leading Edge system here:

I have sharpened scissors and chisels on the system just to try all of its parts however my main interest is in small traditional knives.
I don't know about a bit axe head afishhunter afishhunter . You can shoot a PM to 777 Edge 777 Edge and ask him ... tell him you know CelloDan CelloDan LOL 😜😁

PS: further enquiries would perhaps be better addressed in the Maintenance section of our forum
Cheers :)

Interesting and enlightening Dan. I don't have the patience to go through all that but I enjoyed your pictures and write up.

Back