• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

(Donation Made) AFAustin's 2nd Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Traditionals)

The last 2 knives, the Kershaw Indian Ford and Case Mini Blackhorn, are now WITHDRAWN and this sale is over. Time to get some $ to the pups (& kitties)!

Andrew

I can say that these "Going to the Dogs" sales threads have been a great success, thanks to the generosity and kindness of all the good folks who have participated. Every sale was smooth and friendly, some bought things they didn't need just to help the pups, and some paid more than I was asking! As I mentioned above, Twindog sent a generous contribution without buying anything!

The total gross proceeds were $429.00. When I did this last year, I added in a little extra to get the total up to $500.00, and I'd like to beat that this year. So, I kicked in a little more to get it up to $600.00, and made the donation online to the Austin Humane Society. I let them know that this was made possible by the good guys at BladeForums, and they e-mailed me the receipts and acknowledgements copied below.

I hope everyone enjoys their knives, and thanks again to all for doing a really good thing.:thumbup:

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your donation to the Austin Humane Society. We are so grateful for the generosity of our donors who over the past year have helped touch the lives of over 11,000 homeless, neglected and abandoned cats and dogs. As a non-profit shelter, we rely on donations from supporters like yourself to save lives every day.

Interested in more ways to help homeless animals in Central Texas?

Consider becoming a volunteer.

Join our Animal Friends Monthly Giving Club and make an impact all year long!

Again, thank you for your gift. And, thank you for unleashing hope.

Sincerely,

Frances Jonon
Executive Director

P.S. Please remember AHS in your will or trust, and let us know when you do.

The following information was collected about your gift. Please retain this email for your tax records.

Payment Method: Credit Card
Amount: $600.00
Date: 2/25/2014
Designation: Area of Greatest Need

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for the incredibly generous contribution! I know that this lifesaving donation was a team effort through the “Going to the Dogs” program, and we cannot tell you how much we appreciate the amazing support from everyone that gave to AHS through BladeForums. It will truly make a difference for so many animals in need at AHS – please pass on our appreciation! It is because of supporters like you all that AHS is able to serve over 11,000 animals per year.

Megan Russell
Major Gifts Officer
Austin Humane Society

(512) 685-0128

www.austinhumanesociety.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 26, 2014

Dear Mr. Forsythe and the generous supporters at BladeForums,

Thank you for your gift of $600 to the Austin Humane Society (AHS) on 2/25/2014. Your generosity is making an impact on some of the most vulnerable animals in Central Texas. Thanks to your donation, we are able to save the lives of animals that need our help today and provide programs that prevent future homeless. Your support touches the lives of over 11,000 animals like Hershey each year.

Meet Hershey. From the moment Hershey arrived at AHS, his affectionate and cuddly nature stole the hearts of our staff and volunteers. He loved everyone he met, whether it be another dog, human, or even a kitten! He was most happy when being carried, and actually enjoyed wearing a sweater when going for walks!

When Hershey’s adopter came to AHS one Saturday she immediately fell in love with Hershey and his adorable big ears. Hershey now spends his days as her little shadow, following her around wherever she goes and giving lots of kisses and cuddles along the way.

When you donate to AHS, you help us to transform the lives of thousands of deserving animals, just like Hershey, and change their lives forever.

Thank you again for your gift. And thank you for unleashing hope for Hershey and so many other dogs and cats each and every day.

Sincerely,

Frances Jonon
Executive Director

No goods or services were received in exchange for this gift.
We are an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN 74-6013665.

Last edited:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I gots the warm fuzzies all over! :D

I'm enamored with the #15 I got out of the sale (my first). Andrew rounded off all the sharp corners in such a way to transform it into the ultimate worry stone. And the edges he puts on his knives ain't no joke!!

Great, great stuff. Andrew, you are a champ. Glad to be a part of this two years running!

Jon

Great job and I'm glad i could be a small part of it. BTW, I love the green Stockman that you sold me.

Back