Don't forget

This is a repeat of my post last year, and similar to other previously for this occasion.

Enjoy kids.

Decoration Day, now known as Memorial Day, originally a day to remember those who fell protecting our country.

Take some time, visit the resting places of loved ones who fought and paid the ultimate price serving our country.

Remember those who went before us, paying the price so we could enjoy what we have, and deserve to have their resting places remembered and decorated.

May not always be the easiest to do, location, family issues, emotional, but it is the right thing.

As for my family, we will never forget, and always remember.

It's a big deal in the South, I dunno about elsewhere, but, decoration day is still it's name here.

The war of northern aggression is always in people's minds, if that tells you anything

Great post. May God bless all those and their loved ones who made the ultimate sacrifice fighting for our freedoms . Never forget !

Good thread, once again. Let's keep those who served vivid in our memory, and those serving ever in our thoughts.

I'm looking forward to my class on Ancient Greek thought and politics for service men and women finishing up their duties and heading back to civilian life. It's done on a volunteer basis, and the Vets who run the Warrior-Scholar project at my university invited me back to do it again this summer.

Thought it was important to bump this thread again for those who may have missed it.

"To those who went before us, to those who went with us, and to those who have yet to go. Cheers!"
Thank you my brothers.

Very well said indeed everyone. Never take freedom for granted.

One of my favorites:
"We do not know one promise these men made, one pledge they gave, one word they spoke; but we do know they summed up and perfected, by one supreme act, the highest virtues of men and citizens. For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue."
---James A. Garfield

Please also do not forget to fly your flag at half staff until noon tomorrow, when it is to be raised until sunset, or remain only if your flag is illuminated at night. This standard has suffered at many homes and businesses in recent years and needs to be revived.

Take a drive around your community tomorrow morning and see how many homes and businesses neglect the practice.

May God bless all of those who have made so many sacrifices including the families left behind.

May we always cherish our freedoms and may those who do not fully understand the cost that has been paid for those freedoms, awaken to the reality that many have selflessly made the ultimate sacrifice for them.

Let's drink!

Jerry

May God bless all of those who have made so many sacrifices including the families left behind.

May we always cherish our freedoms and may those who do not fully understand the cost that has been paid for those freedoms, awaken to the reality that many have selflessly made the ultimate sacrifice for them.

Let's drink!

Jerry

Words of wisdom from the Boss Hog
I'll second that, boss man.

Back