Photos Double Axe ID help. What do you think?

Heya Everyone,

I've got another one here (Northern British Columbia is an axe lovers mecca). All I can make out is the "Made in Sweden" and "3 3/4" on the one side. There's nothing else on the other. And the stamps seems fairly light, if that offers any insight.

34984757672_4c71ddd708_b.jpg

That 'Made in Sweden' stamp looks like ones I've seen on GB's that were imported during the 60's and 70's. Many came with a 'Stro-Bro' label.

I'm not certain but my money is on it being a GB.

Seat of pants observation says to me its a Hults.
But maybe will remain one of those mysteries what drive pointless searching. :cool:

I believe that is a Hults Bruks. They where known for just stamping "Made In Sweden" on their heads. I haven't came across any evidence that GB's where not stamped as such.

Just as Square_Peg suggests H-B seems to be a good fit to me too. During the 60s, 70s and into the 80s many of these heads had foil or paper jobber labels on them (Garant Canada, for instance was supplied by European makers). I have an early 60s 'Sweden' marked axe that is also stamped 'Sandvik' and was probably a commissioned product from H-B or one of the others.

Anything to be had of the weight not being in Kg's as well as pounds or the script of the 3 3/4 numbers?

Heya Everyone,

I've got another one here (Northern British Columbia is an axe lovers mecca). All I can make out is the "Made in Sweden" and "3 3/4" on the one side. There's nothing else on the other. And the stamps seems fairly light, if that offers any insight.

34984757672_4c71ddd708_b.jpg

The font looks slightly different than Gransfors from that period. Note that the 'W' on yours goes full height on the center peak.

Here's the Gransfors.
gallery_2862_3641_87308.jpg

I think you have an HB.

Thanks for the insight, everyone. It makes my day that it could be a HB.

300Six ; is it possible this one is, as well, then?

35014864112_a92eff443e_k.jpg

Back