Double Ground, Acidwashed and Emerald Green RF2 Framelock (sold)

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Double grind, stonewashed green anodizing, deep contouring on frames... oh yeah!

Here's some information on this one...

8.1" Total Length
4.6" Handle
3.5" Blade
.140" 6al4v Titanium Frames
.155" D2 Steel Blade
Ceramic Detent
Phosphor Bronze Washers
Titanium Pivot and Screws
Carbon Fiber Backspacer
Carved Ti DFK logo Clip
Double Hollow Grind!
Polished Microbevels
Emerald Green Stonewashed Anodized Frames and Clip
Acidwashed Blade
Incognito signature on frame inside
Carbidized Lock Bar Face

US shipping is included - I ship via insured and tracked USPS Priority mail. International shipping is available.

Ships with case from Blue Line Gear and DFK patch!

$595 at www.fairlyknives.com

Last edited:
Thanks Rolf!

I need some better pics, these were done with a desk lamp and I just need more light. I think this is my best knife yet.

What did you use for the acid wash?

I was thinking of using a black oxidation kit on a few scrap designs I have and seeing how they turn out, but I'd like to know if there is something out there that might be better on the market. And, was wondering if anyone has used the oxidation kits.

That is pr0n. Pure, primal, sensual, curvaceous, and voluptuous pr0n.

Wow. Wish I could justify a second rf2.

What made you switch to the double grind? Thought you were all about the chisel.

You killed it this time around, D. Also, this was done so fast! You are really settling into the groove it seems.

What did you use for the acid wash?

I was thinking of using a black oxidation kit on a few scrap designs I have and seeing how they turn out, but I'd like to know if there is something out there that might be better on the market. And, was wondering if anyone has used the oxidation kits.

Hi! I used diluted ferric chloride solution, it takes a little longer with D2 but still etches nicely. This etch is on the deeper side and was in the ferric chloride for a few cycles of about 45 seconds each time... rinse in boiling water then clean with dawn/toothbrush... windex.... reverse osmosis water then repeat.

Not too sure on the kit, do you have a link? Sounds cool! The Ferric Chloride is from Radio Shack but you can buy it online in powder form.

Wow. Wish I could justify a second rf2.

What made you switch to the double grind? Thought you were all about the chisel.

I am all about the chisel grind but like to mix things up from time to time. I am working on a new flipper design that will be ambidextrous and at least some of them will be double ground.

I personally think the chisel grind i tougher to get right. I am going to be doing a lot of new styles and embellishments this year though and want to do it all! :D

You killed it this time around, D. Also, this was done so fast! You are really settling into the groove it seems.

Thanks! I started with it half done in a way... been working on it for a while now. I like to do all of my rough work up to drilling/heat treat in batches then finish them individually.

I've been grinding for seven days a week all year... look out! :D

Make ONE V grind knife and BOOM... I get jumped on.
lol!! jk, brothah!

Thanks guys!

Traditional Japanese Tanto Folders will be really soon... new design in Z-fiNit steel! This might be the last RF2 up for grabs before I get to them for a while.

Back