drop leg holsters....

Hey Duane~
Remember when you said that you would post some pictures of the custom drop legs that you guys build? Well, I'm going to keep on you until you post some of those pics! Hey Mick, you might want to get on him about that one! YOU GUYS RULE!!!

killerkain

ps. what striders can you custom into the drop leg rigs?

Forget waiting for a picture. Get one of your own. I own one for a Beretta 92F that carries my custom PH in it. They will make it for any service size pistol and most of their knives, if not all. PAB is probably excluded. The holster is done in two parts. The nylon work is done by Special Operations Equipment, and the kydex work by the Strider guys. It has a quick release fastex buckle at the belt attach point, comes in any color that Dupont/Cordura makes, two leg straps with dual density elastic to prevent failure, and custom kydex work for your pistol and knife. The kydex can even have suede lining put into it allowing for more protection of your tools and a "cooler" look. Try www.specialopsequipment.com to see the basic holster "look" and then imagine a kydex sheath mounted to the inside of it. The knife can be set up with a forward angle, 0 angle, and reverse angle depending on what you like. I think it runs you a little in excess of a hundred bucks, but they will probably dicker on prices, especially if you are getting it in conjuntion with a knife. Hope that helps. The holster wears very comfortably and the forward angle of the knife does not interfere with safety belts or other web gear. I work on a helo, so that was important. I can vouch for both the SOE holster and the Strider Kydex work being first class. Buy one, you'll not soon come across anything equal to it.

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

Also Try looking at www.tacticalforums.com and look under the strider section at the new stuff post. It has a picture of the holster.

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

View

View

Is that a folder in the bottom pic? That knife looks vicious. Is it for sale yet?
Matthew

That knife is not the folder. That is the CQB series large Tanto. I don't remember the actual stock number. They also make it with a spear point as well as a smaller version in both tips. They are in production, I believe.

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

Thanks guys for the replies concerning the drop rig, you guys are outstanding! Now... if i could only read Japanese and decipher what that says there about the "CQB", everything would be cool. Anyone have any info on that bad boy? How many different knives are there that the strider guys make, that aren't on their site?

killerkain

ps. what's the largest knife to comfortably ride in that drop rig?

from all appearances tactical forums has vanished into the black hole......
Is it true that all the guys that work at Strider are bad ass!?
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 01-23-2001).]

All four blades are currently available.
EB.T
EB.L.S
EB.L.T
EB.S
View

View

See ya
MS
Post Script: We can make the holster fit a blade up to about 12".

Mick,

From the picture, these 4 CQB knives look like they might be nice everyday carry knives for a working stiff such as myself. I didn't find any specs. on your website, so I was wondering if you could post a quick note on size, thickness, standard carry mode, and price. I particularly like the look of the small drop point and the tanto just above it.

One other question. I currently live in Norway. I imagine if I can find your Strider knives out here they are really expensive, so if I order I would want to coordinate delivery with one of my trips to the US either for work or for vacation. So, what type of lead time do you have on these?

Thanks.

Hi Mick,
And by "currantly available" do you mean that you have them in stock/for sale? Or more likely that they cam be ordered from now on?

------------------
Later, Jim

Hey Strider guys~
I know you guys are real busy but when can we expect to see the WHOLE line of Striders on your website or in some form of catalog? Are the CQB-EB's the only series not on your site that's offered in the U.S.?

killerkain

Jeeze....
You guys really like to pin me down.
I'm not too sure if any of the dealers have them in stock as they are kinda new. Dealers like to wait until they are sure the knife will sell.
Dimensions are ass follows:
EB: OAL 8.5" Blade: 4" .250" thick
EB.L: OAL 9.8" Blade: 4" .250 Thick
We also make em in .190 thick.

Cost is $325 for the short ones and $350 for the longer ones.

Talk to you soon

Mick

Post Script: I know we have a few in stock. Not many. Call fast.
View

I tested the large tanto during the prototype stage, and took it to a very intense edged weapons conference-thoughts:
This blade is incredible for true CQB work. No matter how you grab the handle under stress, it will work. When choked up into the secondary indent, it is nearly impossible to disarm (and I had another "bad ass" forumite with skinny ankles try awefully hard). It may not be the most gracefully flowing fighter, but for up close and personal range, it works very well for trapping, levering, and it is long enough to do some real damage during ice-pick penetrations (which is what really puts people down in the real world). I feel the guys really hit the nail on the head with this one on what a CQB knife should be. I didn't do any utility work with it, so I can't comment, but I do know I hated having to give it back when I was done testing it.

------------------
He who advances is sure of heaven-He who retreats of eternal damnation.

Mr. Joshua,
I bet you want the "X-Large Ergonomic Handle" so you can handle all your roughest needs.
smile.gif

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

You bitches go quibble some place else...

This isn't pillow-biters anonymous...

Don't you have some knobs to polish?

Guess I better stop before I get arrested...

That's KnifeBombers holster. What's that other THING????

:0

View

[This message has been edited by Mick Strider (edited 01-25-2001).]

Mick,
Isn't it a picture of a Mantrack with Man*****scales?
biggrin.gif
Highly ergonomic stuff!

Hey, I had already ordered those EB T, EB LS,
EB LT,EB S one each for some time already and you said you had some in stock. Mine has not yet shown up...please assist to check.You have email.
Best wishes,
Oliver

Back