Ducks Unlimited Camillus Knives

I usually just read the content on here but I found a couple of topics I wanted to ask more questions so have decided to register and actually post rather than just cruise.

This three knife set are Ducks Unlimited knives dated, (actually now know these are the model numbers thanks to VIT 213), 2000, 2001 and 2002 and made into a three knife set. The came with the glass fronted, oak with Burgundy velvet lining Ducks Unlimited display case. The set included quality leather sheaths for each knife. I bought these at a DU dinner in Northern Alberta in approximately 1995. The last year these three models show in the Camillus catalogues is 1994. Can anyone tell me if these are a common 3 year set and do they hold much collector appeal. Any info would be appreciated.

3aXCsPxl.jpg

BbLa6CGl.jpg

nLkAP7Sl.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. That gives me a good start. So far, all the searching I have done I can't find any info on Camillus and DU except for the model 73 pocket knife and the Green Wing folder.

Last edited:
Don't believe there is much collector value unless you are a DU enthusiast. Many companies (DU included) would buy "X" amount of knives and have them etched with their logo for yearly promotions.

Usually I would agree but to date I have not found another example of this DU set. Normally DU stuff you can track down lots of examples exactly alike. So far, this is a one of.

Dean2, it is against the forum rules to ask for "How much it is worth" if you are not gold or platinum user. Best to look on the bay and I have been and the individual knives go for a good amount. As a set and DU the price world be very high.

edbeau

Thanks for the warning but I did carefully read the rules and am well aware I cannot ask how much it is worth. I am also not trying to discreetly get around that rule. I really am trying to find out if anyone else has information on how common or how many of these sets were ever built. So far, in all the research I have done I have NEVER found another example of this 3 set DU presentation case knives. If there are in fact a lot, like most DU products, then the collector interest will be about the same as three of these regular model knives. If it is in fact a one or two of then I would expect it will have a lot of collector interest.

Thanks also for your info from EBAY, I too have found the individual knives and they do go for a decent price, but not a lot more than they were new in 1994. Even the full 5 blade set on Armslist is only $350 and the knives were $45 each in 1994.

I am really hoping there is someone who knows how big the Camillus program with DU was back in the mid 90s. Thanks all for your help so far.

Back