Recommendation? EDC key organizer

Looking to tighten up my key game and make more room in my pocket for other edc items. Anyone have any recommendations? What do you carry?

So far, have looked at the KeySmart and the KeyBiner.

Seems like there are a ton of products on the market and hard to determine the overall quality, as there appear to be a ton of "fly by night" options that look good but no guarantee they are going to be able to handle daily abuse without falling apart.

Thanks in advance!

I backed the Keybiner on Kickstarter and have carried it every single day since I got it. Love it, can't imagine not having it. Granted I don't have that many keys, but it still makes things much easier.'

vZjQpBB.jpg

vuDW7rg.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Ironically, right after I posted this thread, I found a sale on both. The "big river" had a lightning deal on the KeySmart, and then the site with "volume unloads" had a deal on the Keybiner. So, picked up both! :)

Bought a MoMA Key Ring Organizer in the mid 90's for $20 and still have it today, 20 years later. Finish has worn off but works like the day I bought it. Bought another dozen 3-4 years later just in case they stopped selling them and have given all but 2 away as gifts. May never need another keyring.
13895_A2_MoMA_Key_Ring_Organizer.jpg

There's one that looks like a U made of Ti that's pretty cool.

Personally I don't see the point but that's okay.

Just got my Key|Smart yesterday and loaded it up. It's "ok." Was a little bit of a pain/awkward to put together if you use the washers between each key. Also, the keyring insert slot seems a little short, which makes using the keys on that side a little awkward as you can't get a full extension. Not terrible; not great. I do like the overall size, but have a feeling I will like the Keybiner more when it gets here...
ST2R0cb.jpg

I have been tempted by a lot of slick gadgets. But my keys always end up on a split ring. Big or small, a split ring is pretty much indestructable, easy to add or subtract items or reconfigure. Slide a carabiner on my belt and the keyring snaps on securely and is easily accessible without bulging my pockets. Small tools can go along for the ride.

Amen, for years I used a zip tie for a key ring, worked fine till it got too tight for the keys and became a small pocket maser when I grabbed it by the small monkey fist lanyard/fob and swung it around.

You ever come across Klesk on BFC? He's from Hawaii, sells gadgets and gear sometimes. Great guy to deal with. He made a chain about 15" from maile, like knight's armor, tiny rings linked together. A ring at each end. I bought it from him. I snap one ring on my carabiner and the other holds my keys. It's handier in the winter when I have to reach under my parka for it.

Damn, slick idea. Hefty in pocket? Or barely noticeable?
Hefty yes, but not too bulky. Quite happy with how it turned out. Now if I could only figure out a way to attach a pocket clip...

Hefty yes, but not too bulky. Quite happy with how it turned out. Now if I could only figure out a way to attach a pocket clip...

If you google "pocket clip hanger" you might find some thing that might work.

i got a maxpedition keyper. it's alright. wraps around your belt, has a clip and a split ring. I'll clip my work keys (or my dogs leash) to the split ring, and clip my personal keys to the snap hook looking part. i jingle and jangle like a son of a gun, but i never lose my keys. or my dog.

Finally got my Keybiner from the drop. I like it quite a bit, but it is definitely "bulky" vs the key|smart. Not sure which one I will end up carrying. Keybiner is nice, but more cumbersome than the key|smart after you add a vehicle key, leatherman micra, etc. based on how they lay.

MbJczYX.jpg

HHnPdar.jpg

CXXGpzl.jpg

I know it's not cool to post things that cost 50 cents in the flea market but that's what I got. :D
I like these leather pockets for keys. Just put it in your pocket along with everything else and it's comfy to carry.

CXXGpzl.jpg

I know it's not cool to post things that cost 50 cents in the flea market but that's what I got. :D
I like these leather pockets for keys. Just put it in your pocket along with everything else and it's comfy to carry.
No way. Love finding something on the cheap to repurpose! Cost effective and you end up with something unique (and usually well built).

Love the traditional, btw. What knife is that?

No way. Love finding something on the cheap to repurpose! Cost effective and you end up with something unique (and usually well built).

Love the traditional, btw. What knife is that?

Thanks! It's Hartkopf & Co. army knife (vintage)

Back