From left to right:
Olight i1R discontinued
Fenix E02R (carried on my work badges)
Olight i3E (carried on my keyring)
Lumintop Worm
Lumintop Tool
Surefire Titan Plus
Peak Eiger
How is that peak eiger I've heard they can flicker with rechargeable batteries like endeloop.

Last edited:
Fenix EO-5 with AAA Lithium Energizer Battery. Added a two way pocket/ hat clip. Allows it to be slipped on hat brim or headband, as a headlamp. Backed up by Photon Freedom, yellow bulb, mounted backwards in its neck dangler, to prevent accidental “on”, with neck thread folded tiny and bundled by very small hair rubber band. Both lights on keychain. “ Two is one” idea”, very lightweight, rugged & long lasting. Easy to find AAA and 2032 batteries. Have used this set-up for many years.

I've always used a 10440 in mine, and never had an issue with flickering...and I run it everywhere from barely on to full power (though barely on and full power are what I use the most often)

I've got an Olight i3E on my keychain, and the wife has an i1R. I prefer the twist style, as I had a Rovyvon A3 and it would be dead within a couple weeks, without any use. Only thing I can think of is that the button was being pressed inadvertently while in a pocket, drawer, etc (as a test I charged it and left it on my desk for months and would check it here and there and it lasted a very long time, so it wasn't anything wrong with the light itself).

Peak lights are my favorite but other than the aluminum bodies, they can be a bit heavy for keychain lights.
eq8vYpzl.jpg

This massdrop brass AAA ( made by lumintop) is my favorite light, I like the high CRI Nitchia led it has and I really like the flush fit stainless steel tail switch.
20221227_110759.jpg
I carry it clipped ti my pocket, but it is keychain sized.

I've also really been liking the Maratac chickpea which I wear around my neck ( another Lumintop product)
20230805_175718.jpg
It's quite a small little rechargeable flashlight that is quite bright, if I remember correctly the turbo mode hits 650L.
I know this thing will light up my backyard like nobodies business.

The only downside is that it uses a charging module head that you have to screw onto it.
it can even accept the body extension and 10440 battery available for the peanut beast which would make this a much more capable light.
I prefer to keep it tiny though.

Looking at their site they have pocket, keychain and lug bodies. What exactly is the difference?
The ones shown are lug versions.
The keychain version has a removable end piece that can be removed for a Momentary switch for thumb press activation like the 3 on the left.
DAAIudkl.jpg

Pocket version has just a flat end; best for shortest length and tail standing.
ZdanM1pl.jpg

The ones shown are lug versions.
The keychain version has a removable end piece that can be removed for a Momentary switch for thumb press activation like the 3 on the left.
DAAIudkl.jpg

Pocket version has just a flat end; best for shortest length and tail standing.
ZdanM1pl.jpg
Thank you for explaining that.

Peak Eiger. USA made with a lifetime warranty. You cant break it but if you do Robyn will take care of you.

Last edited:
Been using the TINI 2 for quite a while now and really like it. Claim is 500 lumens and has a lockout so it won't activate in your pocket.
Also rechargeable. Very small.
C2GEpsVl.jpg
I've had mine for a while now and absolutely love it.
It's so tiny and I've found that 500 lumens is more than enough for EDC use.
It absolutely disappears in my jeans 5th pocket; the user interface is great, and the display
is really useful. What's not to like?

Probably going for the Peak Eiger Lug Stainless version so I can attach to my keychain.

What is the best LED output Warm, Neutral or High CRI?

I work in a warehouse so its main use is gonna be reading labels on boxes when they are buried behind others.

I assume Medium output would be suitable and probably the warm output type since colors don't need to be super accurate for my needs?

Last edited:
Probably going for the Peak Eiger Lug Stainless version so I can attach to my keychain.

I work in a warehouse so its main use is gonna be reading labels on boxes when they are buried behind others.

I assume Medium output would be suitable and probably the warm output type since colors don't need to be super accurate for my needs?
I use a custom 5700K hicri she read for me years ago. If starting over for a regular all pourpose I would do med/neutral

Remember that steel will be quite a bit heavier than aluminum although tougher.
Also, high CRI may be helpful for other uses and won't interfere with your intended use.
Medium optic has a bit more flood (less throw).

Remember that steel will be quite a bit heavier than aluminum although tougher.
Also, high CRI may be helpful for other uses and won't interfere with your intended use.
Medium optic has a bit more flood (less throw).
Won't the lumens be alot lower on a high CRI?

Won't the lumens be alot lower on a high CRI?
They will be but I don't really think you'll notice much of a difference. As I recall, there is about a10% drop when going from 80 to 90 CRI. However, it takes quite a significant change in output to notice much of a difference. If your use is pretty much work related. You're probably fine with lower CRI.
Also, with Peak you can use 10440 lithium ion rechargeable batteries
Great increase in output. The light will get rather warm is you keep it on for an extended period of time.

My single AAA maglite seems to work just fine for me. If I need more than that there are other larger brighter options around the place/vehicle/bedroom whatever.

Back