EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

CN2V3Bg.jpeg

I spent some time this afternoon in the sheetmetal shop. I was unhappy with my full sheet copper storage of 3x8's (6 LCC, 2 Freedom Grey, and 1 red--all 16 oz) and spent some time getting that reinforced before starting in on laying out and cutting the 2-piece pent roof sections. I'd made 2-piece patterns on the job site for each half with resin paper and tape and transferred each of those to one full sheet that I'd cut in two lengthwise. It's fussy and exacting work and I didn't finish the second piece--I'll do it fresh in the morning and get 'em both bent up.

Anyway, today I revisited 440C with the one of the knives I'd mentioned in another thread last week that got me going on this consecutive day carry of more modest steels. This is my Shiro Tabargan 100NS, a model that was produced between 2010 and 2013-14, simultaneously in two iterations. The one I (foolishly) sold had anodized Ti liners, 3D CF scales, a matching backspacer, and an M390 blade. This one has flat, nicely textured G10 over matte gray Ti, open back construction, and a 440C blade. While I wish I'd hung on to my other, it was really too pretty/perfect for anything but light carry and this model makes a great user and its modest FFG blade takes a wicked edge and is a great cutter. I often think of this knife as kind of a Benchmade on steroids. 😏

XkdagiU.jpg

czc2XQe.jpg

8AfFzV0.jpg

Back