EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

vpeuD3c.jpg

This is a rebuy times 3! This time I will be sure to keep it because everyone should have a Kizer Sheepdog in the collection.

Not actually "carrying" today as I'm on vacation (staycation) right now, and it's raining today, so I'm just hanging around the house.

However, these are the fidget toys that I have within arms reach right now.

B32LKob.jpg
How much do you love your MSI and do I need to buy one? I was just looking at these last night and watching reviews.

Been sticking with this combo every day since my last post, been trying to carry a few basic knives and knife combos to really get an idea of my needs. This has been my carry for about a month straight. Hone the Dodo a few swipes daily. Cardboard/ZIp Tie destroyer, perfect for my daily real life usage.Love it. Modded Endura is super light and carries so well, not that the reg Janich knives are so horribly heavy, but this is sleek and thinned out, waves beautifully and carries so invisibly. SAK or some kind is always with me even if not pictured. Love this model (Camper) so I got a plain one in addition to my Moomin one a few mo. back.

My fifth pocket: very lowkey and lightweight but a lot of cutting power

My "adult lunchable" that my wonderful lady made with alternating cheese, this time red pepper gruyere and salami w/ pickle

After the other day, I know I need to BKF the Dodo, for sure... Heck, it's my dedicated work knife, so no biggie.

Yesterday I posted my Tabargan in 440C here then moved on to the Bears' Den with a couple more pics of that one along with my Hati and Turtle when quoting and responding to a couple posts there about not finding Shiro heavy users on the secondary market and those who use theirs hard hanging onto them. My Hati came to me as the fourth or fifth owner with lots of wear, scuffs, poor action, and off center--definitely a heavy user if not just heavily abused. The scuffs and scratches remain and have been added to, the action on washers is quick and smooth in both directions now, and I keep a nice sharp edge on this work user's M390 blade.

What's kinda funny is that I looked through a lot of my pics yesterday trying to find some that showed off all the wear on the blade, but all I found were shots I'd taken to hide that and those couple I used that mostly hinted at it. Working in the sheetmetal shop today with lead-coated copper under the LED lights gave me the perfect opportunity to show off what I inherited and have added to over the years on this, one of my favorite knives.

Oe5RtSo.jpg

fRdPq1T.jpg

The centering's better, though still favoring the presentation side somewhat. The fits on Shiro's are so tight that there's very little room for scale-shifting.

v9JVEfB.jpg

Back