EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Theme days can be a fun way to change things up. For instance, "Throwback Thursday" can be a good window on past carries. From the tail end of the last century to maybe 2016, I carried a lot of assisted knives. It made sense back then when slick manual action was rarer or more expensive. Now that the budget market has exploded and bearings are ubiquitous on Chinese-made knives, it just doesn't make sense anymore.

Carrying this Kershaw Clash for Throwback Thursday was a good reminder of how far things have come. Overcoming the assist every time I closed it was annoying. I also don't love the SpeedSafe slop in place of a crisp detent, the blade play, the lock rock, bead-blased 8Cr13Mov, or less than fond memories of the extra steps in maintenance. Having spent my lunch break doing some mods on a Kizer, the difference is night and day.

BTW, this is also one of my earliest modifications, inasmuch as a clip swap is a mod. Like a lot of its contemporaries from Kershaw, the stock clip left a lot to be desired. So I eventually tracked down another Kershaw with a compatible deep-carry clip and swapped it.

lE10PLx.jpeg

2shjgpf.jpeg

Lynch NW has Ti clips coming the end of the month.

What happens after you mount 10 optics, you have to zero them:

wbTIkqT.jpeg
I absolutely love my P-10C, very underrated pistol IMO. Love it more than all my Glocks and I’m a long time Glock guy.

Back