Edit... Mods can delete.

. EDIT............... I showed it to Rick at BLADE and he thought it was a bit odd. He took care of me and kept that one for observation.

THANKS FOR A GREAT BLADE SHOW, TO RICK, AND ALL THE GUYS AT THE BOOTH!

Last edited:
Hey Big Red, I'm far from being an expert and I don't know how it was in the past, but I bought a couple of 3.5 " spearpoint and a 3.5" wharnie in the last few months and they were like yours. I don't know why, but I think it's "by design", as you said. Hopefully some real experts will give their thoughts !

It is flush at the pivot side and nothing else looks funky at all to me. Further, it's not like there is room for these scales to shift one way or the other... everything is tight and all the screws in the right place!

I only have 2 3.5s on me right now. Both Gen4...one is an early sterile and is flush...other's a bit newer (but not newest) and is slightly (almost unnoticeably) similar to yours.

Really strange.....
I just checked out a half dozen 3.5's and 3" XMs.....all are flush....

Brand new cpm20v spear point in my pocket is just like yours. I never would have noticed. I see no reason for it.

I got my 3.5 spearpoint today and the G10 side is longer as well. Any solutions?

Back