Eli Apocalypse Machete - Just Released

Archer Here

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Eli Apocalypse Machete - Just Released

Influenced from the Movie Book of Eli. The story revolves around Eli, a traveler in a post-apocalyptic world, who is charged with delivering his copy of a book, the very last remaining King James Version of the Bible, to a safe location on the West Coast of the United States. Thirty years after an apocalyptic event, Eli travels on foot, with his machete, toward the west coast of the United States. Along the way, he demonstrates uncanny survival and fighting skills.

This heat treated full tang one piece construction results in an EXTREMELY DURABLE machete.

yIKPgJM.jpg

Shop Details:
1095 High Carbon Steel. Steel is Heat Hardened & quenched. Heat Tempered @ 500 degrees for 2 hours, and letting it air cool.

Measurements:

Total Length = 24 ½ “
Blade Length = 18 ½ “
Blade Width = 2 ½ “ widest
Blade Thickness = 3/16 “
Handle Length = 6”
Handle Width = 1 1/8” Middle
Handle: Walnut & Black Leather Wrap
Weight = 2 lbs 4 oz
POB = 5” from Handle

XoSII3K.jpg

EGQhSEM.jpg

Cpnk58Q.jpg

hKQyfwj.jpg

6PFJLW7.jpg

BYH6leg.jpg

tDkjPPL.jpg

v1pv7sc.jpg

Nice blade but why do you put holes in the blade? I'm not a knife maker but why would you drill holes in a blade used for chopping? Iirc holes weaken the blade and are possible weak spots where cracks can propagate. And the holes in your knife are on the "sweet spot". Could you elaborate why you drilled holes in that spot because i don't understand. Am i mistaking about the holes or are they just there for visual effect?

Nice blade but why do you put holes in the blade? I'm not a knife maker but why would you drill holes in a blade used for chopping? Iirc holes weaken the blade and are possible weak spots where cracks can propagate. And the holes in your knife are on the "sweet spot". Could you elaborate why you drilled holes in that spot because i don't understand. Am i mistaking about the holes or are they just there for visual effect?
Just for visual effect (the knife from the show has it).

Do they crack if they are circle's? I would have thought they would technically have been radiused
I’m no expert in engineering, but I think you are ok with that knife. The width is so great that the holes will make next to zero difference when using this blade to do knife stuff, even chopping. Now if you send it to Joe_X, there’s a different story!😂 And the knife weight less.

Having said this, I’m NO fan of holes or fullers in a knife! What doesn’t strengthen…
The original knife (from the film) has those holes for visual effect, weight saving and the knife that’s designed for fighting, flesh is soft so no stress raisers will come from that.

I believe fullers add to lateral stiffness. Holes are sometimes used to stop cracks ( in the airline industry), but they also form a place with less steel and knives tend to break on the weakest point.....but if it's only a zombie apocalyps weapon designed for piercing and slashing mushy zombie flesh the holes could be seen as tactical speed enhancers and DNA collection points...now as a side note because i have no idea of the ph of zombie blood 1095 as a high carbon 'on stainless steel might start to show slight corrosion after slaughtering say 1000+ zombies. I'm sorry for the knife nerdy steel and design comments.... Blade looks great for it's intended purpose and great workmanship! Bravo

With the skrama there is a hole to keep it straight while they are making it in some process I do not understand

Back