End of July... what's going on!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
My thumb is healing well so I threw on some gloves and started wet sanding sheaths...

I have had two days off this week, in a row too! It was like a vacation, lol. I want to Silverton, CO yesterday with the family and had some tourist fun just up the road. Last night I spent a few more hours on my friction folder design, I can't wait to get it finished design-wise and bust it out!

Kydex on the 5th stage of hand finishing, 320 grit. I am careful to sand the edges inside and out to ensure a well finished sheath, it takes a while but is well worth the extra time. Deburring the holes (cut with a "burr free" split bit, lol) is next...
004-26.jpg

Any status on D2 Tantos and CC Knives?
Thanks.

D2 Tantos - the sheaths are about halfways there, they are glued up and double dyed, ready for holes then stitching. Sara has been busy with Jade and Dr's visits lately but they should be finished soon.

CC Knives - still waiting on a chamfer bit, I finally got another one in and the shank is too big... talk about frustrating! I do expect to finish them soon.

I forgot to mention, I bought a paper cutter and some card stock so some of my models will now come with cards! They will have a brief description and serve as a certificate of authenticity. I'm still working on it but this will happen soon.

Back