"ENTRY TOOL" Test & Evaluation by TMTA, Inc.

This is a T&E Report from TMTA, Inc. on a new product from Mr. Jim Burke. Remember we here at TMTA are Tactical Operators & Instructors, not Authors, .... but you will get the idea.

TMTA, Inc. receive many request to test and evaluate Tactical Equipment and it’s up to me to decide what equipment we are going to use, or offer for use, to the Tactical Community. I get literally hundreds of e mails per week and we are constantly getting requests to T&E knives, Pry Bars and tools that would be used by Tactical Officers & Special Forces Operators in the field. To be honest it seems that everyone thinks they can make a Tactical Knife and they all want an endorsement from the Tactical Community. I turn down somewhere around 90 percent of these requests because we just don’t have the time to test everything that comes our way, along with the fact that there usually is nothing new enough out there to justify changing our current suggested equipment list. As you know, an Operator has to choose, very wisely, what he is going to strap on for a Mission Specific Job. Once we do decide to T&E something, we purchase it. That way we are under no obligation to “Say nice things”, remember lives are on the line here, not to mention our companies reputation. With all of that said I would like to make you all aware of a new product called the Entry Tool.

One of the knife forum members suggested that I check out www.burkeknives.com. He suggested that I look at a new knife called the “Entry Tool”. I have to be honest in that my first reaction was, Oh great another one!!! However, I was polite and went to his web site to view what he had aptly named the Entry Tool.

Interested, I contacted Mr. Jim Burke and told him we would agree to buy, T&E his new “Entry Tool” in an upcoming 2 week SWAT course. I warned Mr. Burke that our standards were pretty high, but his new knife looked interesting. Mr. Burke seemed very confident that the Entry Tool could, and would, withstand any T&E we put it through.

Mr. Burke was so confident in his products that he suggested we also test a No. 2 folding knife his company makes. A Folder ??? Ok, the challenge had been offered and accepted!

Approximately, 4 days later the Entry Tool and Folder arrived just as we were gearing up for the 2 week course.

Since we are not Scientists or Technicians we won’t be using any fancy terminology in describing the results of our test. All we can tell you is what we thought of it and if we recommend that other Tactical Operators add this to their essential equipment list.

The short answer is Yes on all counts. Words like Outstanding, Wow and Unreal were common reactions during the 2 week long SWAT school.

The Entry Tool we received for testing was dark gray in color with a black Kydex sheath.
Overall length – 9.75 inches
Blade Length – is 5.00 inches. Words fail in describing how razor sharp this knife is.

The Entry Tool is a heavy duty, yet light weight, Tactical Knife. It is obvious that this knife was designed and manufactured by someone who has had to go into harms way. This Knife is ergonomically comfortable to handle and has a natural balance to it.

The Entry Tool we received came with a quick detachable Kydex sheath that is very well constructed and secures the knife without the use of straps or other devices, thus keeping it secure, yet readily deployable and accessible when you need it.

We didn’t abuse the Entry Tool, but we did use it in every conceivable way that a Tactical Officer would use a knife.

The Entry Tool was used to stab, cut, pry and slash everything from paper to heavy metal doors with amazing results. The Entry Tool’s edge remained razor sharp with only minor wear to the blade finish.

To sum this up we have found a New Knife maker! We at TMTA, Inc. recommend the “Entry Tool” in every conceivable way and feel it should be an essential part of any Operator’s essential equipment.

We will provide you with photos when they are available.

Respectfully,

Brad Trelstad
Director
TMTA, Inc.
USA.

Back