Epic Level Becker Machax Gift

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
So a while back in a thread about grails, I mentioned I hoped one day to acquire a Cincinnati made Machax. Not long after I was contacted by 1066vik 1066vik asking for my address. He sent me an original blade and a leather sheath!!!!!!! I was blown away to say the least! I sat on it for a while debating on what handles to use and I finally decided to go with natural canvas Micarta with brass pins. It took some time to find the correct diameter pin stock but I finally found some and got it going. Once the knife was complete, I addressed the sheath. It was brand new but dry. I got out the heat gun and waxed the heck out of it! My Machax is done!!!! A true grail realized!!!!!! Thank you sooooo much 1066vik!!!!!!!!! It’s a dream knife come true😎

IMG_4945.jpegIMG_4946.jpegIMG_4947.jpeg

So a while back in a thread about grails, I mentioned I hoped one day to acquire a Cincinnati made Machax. Not long after I was contacted by 1066vik 1066vik asking for my address. He sent me an original blade and a leather sheath!!!!!!! I was blown away to say the least! I sat on it for a while debating on what handles to use and I finally decided to go with natural canvas Micarta with brass pins. It took some time to find the correct diameter pin stock but I finally found some and got it going. Once the knife was complete, I addressed the sheath. It was brand new but dry. I got out the heat gun and waxed the heck out of it! My Machax is done!!!! A true grail realized!!!!!! Thank you sooooo much 1066vik!!!!!!!!! It’s a dream knife come true😎

View attachment 2534518View attachment 2534519View attachment 2534520
Gorgeous job and incredibly generous of 1066vik 1066vik !

Good stuff! Great looking blade you got there!

Back