Photos Etched Cold Steel Lawman

Just wondering if anyone else has done this to their cold steel lawman? ;)
31782240483_ca1eb45304.jpg

31750368384_f550b40ffb.jpg

You had several people that were interested last week when you posted the for sale thread, myself included.

At this point I'm going to pass since you haven't bothered to respond to a single question that has been asked about the knife.

Considering you currently have a trade rating of zero you might want to be a little more on the ball with this stuff. I like the knife, I like the price, but I don't have a whole lot of faith in you at the moment.

I hope you'll take this as constructive criticism and not as an insult.

That is completely understandable. Ive been very busy with University and I dont use this site as much as I should. I created an account with the intent of learning more about the nuances of knife steels and grind types aswell as making friends with fellow knife lovers, but my academic bondage has taken almost all my time. I posted the adds and only logged on to see if there were any little red notification markers and if not I just logged off.

As for the questions I received regarding the knife, I will try and answer all the questions thus far. The blade has a similar but slightly nuanced (in pattern) etching on the other side. I did a stippling job on the spine and belly faces of the G10 slabs. The method I used to achieve this look is, as far as I know, proprietary and refined by my hours of trial and error. I hope you can understand me being a little reluctant to divulge all the details. Although I will say this, it does involve acid etching with a part ferric chloride solution. There are many YouTube videos out there showing different methods people have used to achieve a similar look. Have at 'er you might find a better way than I. ;)

Back