Everyone's latest acquisitions!

20240402155038.jpg

Thank you B brock stewart

BHQ Exclusive Yo Jumbo M4 with Ghost Jade G10 and they threw in a Bestechman GoodBoy D2 and I’ll tell you what it’s a really nice knife. Very solid and well made and fun to fidget with :) Very thin behind the edge should be a Nice slicer.Feels really good in hand to 👍🏻
kQ0vfG8.jpeg

5zBGrAK.jpeg

😆

Last edited:
Incoming in the last couple of days

* Holt Bladeworks Custom Renegade #18
* Tactical Pterodactyl Mid-size Raptor Harpoon in Magnacut and Micarta - Dark Acid stonewash
* Tactical Pterodactyl Mid-size Raptor Harpoon in Magnacut and Micarta - Dirty Stonewash
* Olight Rubato 4 in S35VN and Ultem
* CJRB Prado in AR-RPM9 and green G10
* Kizer Mystic in Rex 45 and Ti with micarta and lanyard (thanks @Gary W. Graley !)

THVAs9i.jpeg

MPyMAwy.jpeg

zg32Op4.jpeg

Fzr19pk.jpeg

oAeWCnP.jpeg

Tactical Pterodactyl includes comparison with REK Ember 2.5

bzRPfnC.jpg

PKjpgsj.jpg

ZghCv3n.jpg

Nyj5btS.jpg

AGbPpaB.jpg

TMMe4QA.jpg

HdWcHY9.jpeg

5pc42Mz.jpeg

8xqnWog.jpeg

CJRB Prado I just posted is going back, just like the CJRB Hectare. I apparently don't like the action on either of the CJRB cross-bar locks. The action is not very smooth in the friction against the lock bar when opening, and the resistance to open occurs over a larger range of blade opening; such that even a reverse flick is hard without digging a finger into the opening part closest to the pivot with the hand positioned just right. I actually gave the Hectare away to a friend, but I'm using the refund on this to buy another knife.

The action is so much smoother and refined on other cross-bar lock like Benchmade Bugout, Hogue Deka, Kershaw Bel Air, Olight Rubato 2, Olight Rubato 4, Kizer Drop Bear, Vosteed Dachshund, Piratech Kraken, etc - those are all perfect. The budget Migeron Keryx or Vosteed Raccoon with cross-bar lock and micarta is not bad, and much better than CJRB in that it's smooth and easy to open, but the range of resistance is still wider than I like on those. I liked them enough to keep though.

My preordered REK Sparrow hasn't been posted here yet, but it's a marvelous hand-assembled, hand-sharpened and hand-fitted mid-tech front-flipper knife in M390 and milled Ti. It's DOB is the same as mine!

The flats are mirror polished, but I forgot to wipe the lint off from my pocket before taking pics - whoops! It's much lighter than I expected, so it will be easier to carry, and it's a bit easier to flip open than my similar Robjohnsons Cypress V2.

I so wish that I could get a second one of these in S90V with a polished DLC finish on the blade and scales! I'd love that so much (I've seen the grey DLC Carothers knife that he did serrations, so I think DLC might be possible someday).

VV7WBpi.jpeg

XuDnxUn.jpeg

R08PiUx.jpeg

SaEByZG.jpeg

twnggfo.jpeg

1yk6h4u.jpeg

Keeping it Old Skule 😎

Oh and I HATE Cold Steel sheaths (even calling them "sheaths" is a stretch) SO... got a hold of Michael Spanjer pf "Spirit of the Bear" who is a freakin ARTIST and an absolute joy to deal with. He has not heard the last from me. Hopefully he will be available to make more sheaths for me.

Last edited:

Keeping it Old Skule 😎

Oh and I HATE Cold Steel sheaths (even calling them "sheaths" is a stretch) SO... got a hold of Michael Spanjer pf "Spirit of the Bear" who is a freakin ARTIST and an absolute joy to deal with. He has not heard the last from me. Hopefully he will be available to make more sheaths for me.

Pretty sweet leather!!👌

Back