Exchange Ads - Leaving Prices Once Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrM1A1

Gold Member
Hi all, I realize I’m new here and I love the forum, but was wondering something about the exchange. It seems like almost everyone edits out their prices as “$old” or the like and deletes their sale price after they complete a deal. I frequent a lot of gun forums and it’s common practice (and even written into the rules sometimes) to leave sale prices so people searching market trends can get an idea of value for certain items that actually sell.

I have a lot of knives that I’m trying to find values for an it’s really hard to feel the market because pretty much every sale thread has their price deleted. Sold prices kept for posterity are an extremely valuable resource for a forum community, and for the collecting community at large. It would save a lot of the “what’s my knife worth” threads from building up as well. Wondering if anyone else sees this as an issue or am I alone on this island… thanks for any insight.

It is at the discretion of the seller. Some of them have gotten "I'll take it" posts or lowball offers long after the knife has been sold from people who open the thread and see a price in the first post. I can see both sides of the situation.

Fair enough. Thanks for tolerating my rant, I’m sure I’m not the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back