Experiment

I like horizontal carry sheaths and I got a new AG Russell folder I liked so much, so I figured I'd try something different for it. It was a harder project for me, the belt loops were a problem to attach, but it's nice to try something I haven't done before. It sits nicely on the belt and works the way I want it to.

Wq98ry4.jpg

3kl2pAM.jpg

XV4Slzu.jpg

Nice, an innovative design for sure. Do ya have pics of the back and the belt loops?

Nice, an innovative design for sure. Do ya have pics of the back and the belt loops?
Thanks! Always nice to hear from a pro. The belt loops ended up a bit tight. I should probably have made fold over ones instead:
72A1VAH.jpg

VgXXELZ.jpg

This time I actually took some more time and effort to make a mold and frame. Made the molding a little easier:
OBe1wpW.jpg

Last edited:
Cool deal. Couple of ways of fixing those belt loops. 1) Make a stick the size of your belt (width wise) and maybe 8" long. Wet mold your belt loops to the stick. 2) Stick a pair of needle nose pliers in the belt loop and stretch em open gently by opening the pliers against the inside of the belt loops. Maybe one of these will help ya out.

Cool deal. Couple of ways of fixing those belt loops. 1) Make a stick the size of your belt (width wise) and maybe 8" long. Wet mold your belt loops to the stick. 2) Stick a pair of needle nose pliers in the belt loop and stretch em open gently by opening the pliers against the inside of the belt loops. Maybe one of these will help ya out.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for the pics.
I want to learn how to make sheaths and other items with leather. And I really appreciate walkthroughs with pics.

Andy

This is a sweet design! Very creative and well executed!

I just did a pouch style sheath for my daily multitool, I'm almost wondering how much less space your style would take up on my hip!

I like how you lined the backside of the snaps so the knife doesn’t get scratched. I have done the same on a few sheaths. Nice work.

Back